light bulbs

Did you read the manual ?

You've got to twist them to the left and pop out they come, took me a while but got there in the end.

Changed mine over to the Ultra H7 like vRS has :) will get some picks later... when its dark ;)

Were did you get yours and how are they beam wise cos my projector headlights with swivel are terrible

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why didn't he say "DRL's" instead of Fog Lights?

DRL's are a totally different thing to Fog Lights.

So no need to "keep up" what I need is a poster to actually ask what it is they want and not ask for something totally different.

As I said, anybody using Front Fog lights as a fashion accessory is a ****.

When somebody posts "My Front Fogs don't match my headlights" then it's quite logical to assume he means his front FOG LIGHTS don't match his headlights.

DRL's were never even mentioned in his post.

Read the posts carefully before posting to avoid confusion

That includes signatures!!

Then you will have seen that he is talking about the vRS

BTW he said DRL Fogs..

As I said...Keep up! ;)

Read the posts carefully before posting to avoid confusion

That includes signatures!!

Then you will have seen that he is talking about the vRS

BTW he said DRL Fogs..

As I said...Keep up! ;)

This place is worse that green square tripoli, that's in Libya by the way, why are we so quick to shoot folks down ;)

Did you read the manual ?

You've got to twist them to the left and pop out they come, took me a while but got there in the end.

Changed mine over to the Ultra H7 like vRS has :) will get some picks later... when its dark ;)

Yeah I read the manual, yet still thought i was going to break the things. At least I know just to keep going this time :) haha!

Changed mine for some Osram Night Breakers and they look great! :) A little bit whiter would have been good but they'll do me for just now! Fair bit of extra brightness too :)

My understanding of these the lights (I don't own a Mk2) is the car does not come with front fogs at all. However the LED lights in that space are used either as DRLs when lights are off (no tail lights) or sidelights when lights are on. In one of the usages they are slightly dimmed.

My understanding of these the lights (I don't own a Mk2) is the car does not come with front fogs at all. However the LED lights in that space are used either as DRLs when lights are off (no tail lights) or sidelights when lights are on. In one of the usages they are slightly dimmed.

The DRLs are brighter, when you turn to sidelights they dim :)

Just bought some Ultra's from VRS-Powereds link.... Think this guy should be making some commission, just installed some Osram Nightbreakers and find them, better, but not great. These looks awesome! and for a tenner, why not! :D

Just bought some Ultra's from VRS-Powereds link.... Think this guy should be making some commission, just installed some Osram Nightbreakers and find them, better, but not great. These looks awesome! and for a tenner, why not! :D

:giggle: could be a new business venture :rofl:

While I was waiting for my new fabia 1.2tsi (2012) I was thinking of buying a cupple of Osram Night Breakers to replace the originals since I heard they was not good..

But, I didnt and now when I got my car I think those original bulbs are amazing bright! was driving about 1100Km last week (half in dark night) and incoming cars was flashing me becouse I blended them (wasnt close at all).

Other thing.. I am not sure but I dont think I have drl AND main lights at the same time as those pictures shows? Is there something special I have to do to get it?

Perhaps its not legal in norway to have both at same time..

While I was waiting for my new fabia 1.2tsi (2012) I was thinking of buying a cupple of Osram Night Breakers to replace the originals since I heard they was not good..

But, I didnt and now when I got my car I think those original bulbs are amazing bright! was driving about 1100Km last week (half in dark night) and incoming cars was flashing me becouse I blended them (wasnt close at all).

Other thing.. I am not sure but I dont think I have drl AND main lights at the same time as those pictures shows? Is there something special I have to do to get it?

Perhaps its not legal in norway to have both at same time..

I'm going to change my bulbs from Osram Nightbreakers to those Ultra bulbs tonight. I'll take a half and half photo if i can. Osrams don't actually look any different and still give a pretty yellow light.

As for your DRL's, my mum and dad's octy only displays one or the other, i'm pretty sure when they put on the sidelights/main beam their DRL's go off so yours may be the same as that. The VRS doesn't even have sidelights as such, just dimmer DRL's (which I find pointless. I only ever use Main beam or DRLs really. Sidelights aren't really to any benefit IMO =/ )