light bulbs

Hi All,

Not sure if this has been asked already ( sorry if it has )

At night when popping around town in my vRS, all my mates keep saying the headlights and LED Fogs don't match.

Has anyone changed their bulbs over to the same sort of colour temp as the fogs ? maybe 5000-6000k ?

If so can you send me the link over so I can get a pair please :)

Many thanks

Rob

PS. Also what are the bulbs ? H4 or H7 ... i've seen a few people say either :S but im sure they are H7's

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Not sure if this has been asked already ( sorry if it has )

At night when popping around town in my vRS, all my mates keep saying the headlights and LED Fogs don't match.

Has anyone changed their bulbs over to the same sort of colour temp as the fogs ? maybe 5000-6000k ?

If so can you send me the link over so I can get a pair please :)

Many thanks

Rob

PS. Also what are the bulbs ? H4 or H7 ... i've seen a few people say either :S but im sure they are H7's

OK, I'm a little confused.

Are you driving around with your front fog lights on?

I'm assuming yes - as you state "Headlights and Fogs don't match"

Here is the solution - turn your bloody front fog lights off!!

You should ONLY be using your front fog lights when it is foggy and even then when visability is extremely low.

I'd say in any given year you should have the need to use Front Fogs maybe 10 times.

When you do actually need front fogs theie use should be to help pick out the side of the road, you'll actually find the "yellow" of the halogen does a better job of this than "white light".

Front Fog lights are not some kind of fashion accessory.

You should ONLY be using your front fog lights when it is foggy and even then when visability is extremely low.

I'd say in any given year you should have the need to use Front Fogs maybe 10 times.

When you do actually need front fogs theie use should be to help pick out the side of the road, you'll actually find the "yellow" of the halogen does a better job of this than "white light".

I believe he is talking about his DRLs that are in the fog light position....

Quick question, know its been asked before but I dont have a Vrs but the headlights on my Fabia are poor to say the least, anyone any suggestions to improve the `nightime moonglow`....have asked at dealers but got met with a blank oh yes and we havent had any complaints routine :'( all suggestions appreciated..ta

Quick question, know its been asked before but I dont have a Vrs but the headlights on my Fabia are poor to say the least, anyone any suggestions to improve the `nightime moonglow`....have asked at dealers but got met with a blank oh yes and we havent had any complaints routine :'( all suggestions appreciated..ta

Go to www.powerbulbs.co.uk , select the Furbie 2, and then buy Osram Nightbreaker+. Job jobbed.

Edited by KenONeill

Quick question, know its been asked before but I dont have a Vrs but the headlights on my Fabia are poor to say the least, anyone any suggestions to improve the `nightime moonglow`....have asked at dealers but got met with a blank oh yes and we havent had any complaints routine emoticon-0106-crying.gif all suggestions appreciated..ta

Osram nightbreakers or Philips X-treme give a much better spread and intensity of light than the standard bulbs and do an excellent job. They are still a slightly yellow light so won't give you the xenon lookalike/match your LEDs but if light on the road is what matters to you these are the way to go.

If the LED's are pure white then you want to be looking for as close to 4300K as possible - this colour temperature is the brightest and whitest available, as the colour temperature (K) rises the colour starts going first blue then purple.

Ha ha ha ..They are DRL's where fog lights are supposed to be on the Fabia IIvRS

Keep up!!! LOL

Thanks for the info guys, spoke to Powerbulbs who are very helpful, their online systems are being upgraded at present and all car info isnt available but they are happy to deal over the phone. Have ordered a set of Osram`s...should be able to use the Furby at night now :rofl:

Halogens are never going to be great...

I did a proper xenon retrofit last year, i know it is not an option for the fabia due to a lack of self levelling, just trying to show there is a limited amount you can do in regard to light output.

Does anyone have a similar picture of a 50/50 before and after with halogen bulbs?

DSC01934.jpg

Ha ha ha ..They are DRL's where fog lights are supposed to be on the Fabia IIvRS

Keep up!!! LOL

Then why didn't he say "DRL's" instead of Fog Lights?

DRL's are a totally different thing to Fog Lights.

So no need to "keep up" what I need is a poster to actually ask what it is they want and not ask for something totally different.

As I said, anybody using Front Fog lights as a fashion accessory is a ****.

When somebody posts "My Front Fogs don't match my headlights" then it's quite logical to assume he means his front FOG LIGHTS don't match his headlights.

DRL's were never even mentioned in his post.

Incase you didn't realise we are in the Skoda Fabia II forums, if you read my post you would have seen that its the vRS and if you knew anything about the Fabia II (i.e. This section of the forums) then you would know that the Fabia II vRS come standard with the LED Fogs ( DRL's in the front fog light position )

Fitted some Phillips x-treme vision 100% to mine, a vast improvement although as said not as white as the DRLs.

Also Phillips Silvertecs all round for the indicators, a much better look than the orange bulb.

Cheap ebay Xenon effect lights will get you white light for next to nothing, but they're not as good for light projection as some of the higher named brands.

Saying that I use Orsam Hyper Cool Blue's and they're epic.

Then why didn't he say "DRL's" instead of Fog Lights?

DRL's are a totally different thing to Fog Lights.

So no need to "keep up" what I need is a poster to actually ask what it is they want and not ask for something totally different.

As I said, anybody using Front Fog lights as a fashion accessory is a ****.

When somebody posts "My Front Fogs don't match my headlights" then it's quite logical to assume he means his front FOG LIGHTS don't match his headlights.

DRL's were never even mentioned in his post.

Chill oot! People getting hostile over a simple misunderstanding!

On another note, how the f**k do you get the lights out??? I've tried heaps of things and can't seem to get them to release! :(

Take the ribber caps things off the light cluster, reach in and give them a good twist. Took me ages to get them out the first time because they were pretty hard to take out. Come out easier now though.

A bit of silicon oil might help lube things up.

Take the ribber caps things off the light cluster, reach in and give them a good twist. Took me ages to get them out the first time because they were pretty hard to take out. Come out easier now though.

A bit of silicon oil might help lube things up.

See I tried that, but stopped from fear of breaking the buggers! haha!

Cheers for the heads up though, I'll just keep going and if they break, i'll just have to get it fixed :)

Ha they wont break unless you are the hulk.

I did poop it a bit when they did finally come out, I was giving it a fair bit and it suddenly came loose. :rofl:

Awesome! Think that'll be upgrade one! And new job with a bit more pennies will probably provide me with fundage for a black front grill! I'm itching to do the bulbs now, but I know it'll take me ages and i'm off to Norway tomorrow morning so probably not the best idea to start now! :( Do it when i'm back :D haha!