light bulbs

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Little help please,

Can anybody spot a difference between these two that would make one's choice over the over a safer one??

I am mainly looking for improvement of the light and not to color-match the leds, so any particular preference should be towards the light (and not the color) direction, thanks!

PS. (I have chosen these two as they ship easily to france, whereas the Ultra H7 mentioned before would be ridiculously taxed as imported ones).

I still haven't done mine yet. Too frightened of breaking something, Do they pull straight out or turn? The manual isn't great

If I remember rightly they turn about 90 degrees towards the passenger side of the car, very tricky to do the dipped beam but not so bad the high beam.

It's only the H7 I'm changing to Ultra H7 since as far as I can work out all the dipped setting does is dim the DRL's and turn the dash lights on. Doesn't look as if I have front fogs either. The switch pulls back but there's only the option for rear fog.

Edit: Is this because of the black pack?

It's only the H7 I'm changing to Ultra H7 since as far as I can work out all the dipped setting does is dim the DRL's and turn the dash lights on. Doesn't look as if I have front fogs either. The switch pulls back but there's only the option for rear fog.

Edit: Is this because of the black pack?

the mk2 vrs does not have front fogs bit of a shame really, would not be too bad if the headlights were up to it emoticon-0149-no.gifemoticon-0149-no.gif thays why everyone changing the h7 emoticon-0148-yes.gif, in my elegance ive got led drls and fogs emoticon-0148-yes.gif

And what about this one as compared to the previous two?

6000K - 100W

I see that the previous one is 55W while this is 100W. I would certainly like to have an improvement of the lights but not blind everydoby else in the road and since I am not really an expert on lights I could use some advice on whether they could be any good...

Edited by newbie69

100w would be pretty crazy. Certainly more than enough for off road use. Probably not the best for using on the road as they'd no doubt blind people.

I have osram Hyper Blue 6000k's in, this is what they look like:

2011-10-02224947.jpg

2011-09-24210247.jpg

2011-10-02225401.jpg

PIAA supply bulbs rated at 55w but give a output equivalent to 110w

These bulbs are E marked so are road legal.

Provided your headlights are correctly set up you should not blind other road users.

I have used these on my BMW which had very poor headlights.

Provided your headlights are correctly set up you should not blind other road users.

Got a little confused, which bulbs are you referring to as "E marked and legal"? Apparently not the last ones I quoted (100W)...

I'm more interested in how they get 100% more light from a standard bulb... 100% more then what? A candle xD?

• 2 weeks later...