Fabia MII Vrs Winter tyre size

205/45/16. Very Limited Winter tyre choice Expensive for quality brands

195/55/15. (same size as the spare) Unlimited tyre choice and a lot cheaper for quality brands

Thanks

195/55/15 is legal, 0% rolling circumference-difference compared to the 205/40/17 that's originally fit to the car!

The standard-brakes fit behind these aswell (mine was delivered with that).

Can buy tyres in that size on MyTyres with steelies for about £100-£120 a corner :thumbup:

I already have some 16" Alloys just thinking about buying 3 more 15" steel wheels to add to my spare (so I have 4 ) and fitting 15' winters instead of 16'' as theres much more chioce and less expensive premium tyres. I will sell the spare tyre and put one of the winter tyres in the boot just to get me home If I ever get a puncture.

My 16 " alloys may be for sale shortly :yes:

I went 195 65 15 as they were cheaper than the 55 for Good Year Ultra Grip 8. They are 1.2% bigger which makes me 62ish at 60 so no biggy.

Ironically I got mines fitted today, here's a quick mock up of what they'll look like

2011-08-23154345.jpg

Edited by apmaman

I went 195 65 15 as they were cheaper than the 55 for Good Year Ultra Grip 8. They are 1.2% bigger which makes me 62ish at 60 so no biggy.

Ironically I got mines fitted today, here's a quick mock up of what they'll look like

2011-08-23154345.jpg

I LIKES THAT A LOT. GO FOR IT MATE. LOLemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Mytyres for the tyres. Ebay for the wheels and B&Q for white hammerite.

So curiosity got to me and, 15's do fit, but its a tight fit with the brake calliper.

2011-08-23171920.jpg

2011-08-23171901.jpg

Stock car vrs!!

Edited by apmaman

So curiosity got to me and, 15's do fit, but its a tight fit with the brake calliper.

2011-08-23171920.jpg

2011-08-23171901.jpg

Stock car vrs!!

Looks good,but they look huge!! If you run the sizes through a wheel calculator it comes out at 6.38% bigger than the 17s.

Looks good,but they look huge!! If you run the sizes through a wheel calculator it comes out at 6.38% bigger than the 17s.

So they do... Looks like ive bought the wrong tyres :rofl::rofl:

I used this,

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Put your stock tyre size in, 205 40 17 and then play around with the other till you get something that is close.

I must have read the tyre size wrong when I bought them, but I dont see it being that much of a problem really. I dont intend on going 70+ when theres snow about.

Edited by apmaman

I've got 195/65/15's Vredestien Snowtrac 3's already from my current Fiat Stilo, I know it works out a bit bigger but they did compared to the 215/45/17'sthe stilo runs on normally and I haven't had any issues at all.

I think the bigger the profile the better for snow tyres as the tyre can move about more and not break grip when pushing into corners.

2011-08-23171920.jpg

2011-08-23171901.jpg

Stock car vrs!!

You`d better check rear left wheel. 195/65/15 will touch the arch.

195/55 15" steel wheels:

88cd8b8b5be5917f-large.jpg

Edited by FROMAX