Yeti Bluetooth - Phonebook troubles

nick1982

Hi all,

Just got my new Yeti yesterday. Very positive first impressions, but I am having some trouble with the bluetooth's phonebook.

I have no trouble connecting my iphone and using the system (it works great actually). My only setback is the phonebook. At first, I had all my conctacts in Greek so I considered it only natural to be unable to view the phonebook correctly on the yeti's screens (unreadable characters appear, mostly squares :) ). On my first attempt, I noticed that a few of my conctacts who were written in english on the phone displayed fine, so I reached the conclusion that greek characters were the cause of the problem. After a lot of work ( i spent hours) i updated all my contacts on the iphone and converted them into english but to my suprise...when updading the phonebook nothing changes ! Still unreadable characters !

I tried many things, deleted my account, created a new one, switched off sync from the phone and updated again (clean phone book), connect once again but the issue still remains.

Anyone had any simiral problems? I"ll appreciate any suggestions. Probably not a big deal, but the bluetooth function is much better than what I expected and I really want to go for the full exprerience :)

Thank you all for your time !

Hi all,

Just got my new Yeti yesterday. Very positive first impressions, but I am having some trouble with the bluetooth's phonebook.

I have no trouble connecting my iphone and using the system (it works great actually). My only setback is the phonebook. At first, I had all my conctacts in Greek so I considered it only natural to be unable to view the phonebook correctly on the yeti's screens (unreadable characters appear, mostly squares :) ). On my first attempt, I noticed that a few of my conctacts who were written in english on the phone displayed fine, so I reached the conclusion that greek characters were the cause of the problem. After a lot of work ( i spent hours) i updated all my contacts on the iphone and converted them into english but to my suprise...when updading the phonebook nothing changes ! Still unreadable characters !

I tried many things, deleted my account, created a new one, switched off sync from the phone and updated again (clean phone book), connect once again but the issue still remains.

Anyone had any simiral problems? I"ll appreciate any suggestions. Probably not a big deal, but the bluetooth function is much better than what I expected and I really want to go for the full exprerience :)

Hi all,

Hi all,

I have a similar problem - I have an incorrect number (it's missing the last digit). I have corrected it on my phone, but I have been unable to get the updated number picked up by my bluetooth function. I have given up and added a new entry with a different name !!

I think i found a solution !

It seems that the yeti updates the phonebook only when there is a change in the number of contacts and not when there is a change in content.

When I updated my phonebook with all the contacts in latin characters, nothing changed because it was the exact same number of contacts. I then added one to test it, and everything updated fine and works prefectly.

So I believe that's the way the specific system works...but then again i may be wrong..but it did work for me !

mine refuses to import some numbers no matter what i do.. one of them happens to be my wifes contact details. which can be hard to explain :)

hehehe... if at all! :giggle: Don't you just love technology!

Mine always gives a message something like 'phonebook download incomplete' - but it always seems OK, although to be fair I generally only use the half-dozen numbers on the presets.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone had any success with this (that is if they experienced the problem anyway...) ?

I have an HTC Desire, rooted, running Cyanogen Mod7, and using the Android RSAP utility on a Superb II 2010 Columbus.

The connects fine and works fine, but not all my contacts will sync to the car.

I use Google for managing my contacts anyway, and will continue to do so... but I have a sneaky feeling that there is something in the Google contacts area that is causing certain records not to copy across.

I have tried to see if anything distinguishes these "not copied" records from others, but:

* i have records with addresses that sync and don't sync

* i have records with phone numbers with spaces and "+" signs that sync and don't sync

* i have records with nicknames that sync and don't sync

* i have records with email address(es) that sync and don't sync

* etc

so I can't see anything obviously different from one to another.

I'm going to try a full delete, re-pair/connect of the phone, and new upload to see if that at least gets me to a state where I have all my current contacts, even if it won't add new ones.

But I'd be grateful for any experiences

Puss.

Hi Puss

As the Yeti doesn't have rsap you might be better off posing in the Ice, security & insurance section on Briskoda.

Somebody there might be able to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@thepuss

Mine too only showed some of my contacts (iPhone4 by the way) but there is a choice to show contacts by Surname or first name. Mine was on "Surname" so I changed it to "First name" and now all my contacts are shown. :rofl:

Lost me with all this modern techno stuff but my new Sony phone would connect but not pass over the phone book; eventually with helpful ideas from the forum, found I had to tell the phone separately to bluetooth the contacts list across to the Monster :S

TP

OK I suppose apologies are due to those of you who have pointed out that this is a Yeti forum, but I mentioned I have a Superb.

My issue however is with the phone syncing (or not) contacts with the Columbus unit, which is available for the Yeti, and so basically I was just piggybacking onto a post thread that looked to have similar issues as my own, with hope of finding a solution. (incidentally, I also read Vw and audi forums for the same reason).

Thanks to those of you who have replied with suggestions, but I haven't had any luck yet, other than by deleting and recreating an entry. Short term solution might be to export, delete, and recreate all my contacts... I might give that a try in due course.

Puss.

Hi Puss

Yes the Yeti has the Columbus, but the Columbus has absolutely nothing to do with the Phone. Yes I know it displays stuff, but that is totally separate.

It is all done via the Bluetooth module that is located under the drivers seat.

The Superb uses a different bluetooth unit to the Yeti. We don't have rsap in the Yeti.

Which is why I referred you to the ICE security & insurance section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockhopper,

I guess if I'd thought about it, I should have realised that as I have already investigated the unit under the seat.

Thanks for the clarification!

Puss