Central locking activating itself ?

Bigfoot

Seems a bit of a wierd one. Thought I'd give my car a bit of a birthday by way of a wash and polish. So it's parked on the drive, I've unlocked it, walked into the garage, put the key on the workbench, started to fill a bucket and clunk, the central locking has activated all on it's own. Tested the drivers door and yes it's locked.

So I've unlocked it via the key, gone to carry on filling up the bucket and clunk, the CL has activated itself again. It did it a third time so I left a door open to stop it while I gave it it's birthday. The car was parked in bright sunshine when this happened (whether that has anything to do with it or not I don't have a clue).

It's happened before on a couple of occaisions but I didn't pay it much heed at the time.

Anyone else had this happen or got any ideas as to why?

I noticed there is a pattern for CL, even if you disable it in MAXIDOT:

When I arrive on destination with my car, and left it unlocked, it will never lock itself.

But, if I locked it after exiting Yeti, and later want to take something from car, unlock it and go away.. it will lock itself after some time.

EDIT:

Good thing is Yeti doesnt unlock itself, never :)

Edited by lok

All cars do this by now surely? My first car to do so was built in 1995. Hope it is universal by now. Can be a b****y nuisance when you chat to say and say "I'll open the car for you then" and continue chatting for a while. By the time they get to the car it is locked again :rofl:

Edited by freedie

Yep, you need to unlock it and then open a door and shut it. THEN put the key in the house and wash it. :giggle: As stated cars have been doing this for some time now so that if you accidently unlock it whilst in the house or shops it will lock itself again.

Cheers chaps. I knew someone would have the answer. It may be old hat to some of you, but I've never been in the position of being able to have a spangly new motor before so all this technology is completely new to me. As for 'passive' CL, never heard of it until now.

Cheers chaps. I knew someone would have the answer. It may be old hat to some of you, but I've never been in the position of being able to have a spangly new motor before so all this technology is completely new to me. As for 'passive' CL, never heard of it until now.

This forum is sooooooooo useful! :rofl:

Next time some kids (grandkids or your own) play with the car's keys in the house you need not worry. The car will still lock itself even if they had unlocked it!

This forum is sooooooooo useful! :rofl:

Next time some kids (grandkids or your own) play with the car's keys in the house you need not worry. The car will still lock itself even if they had unlocked it!

Ha Ha Wait till they open the windows when it is pouring.

Ha Ha Wait till they open the windows when it is pouring.

:giggle:

It happend to me, but the car knows about kids I guess,

just a few seconds after they opened all windows and the

sunroof the mighty Yeti himself discovered that it was

raining, and closed the windows and roof by himself !!!!

Nice !!

:love: