Motorbike riders in Blackburn area beware....

heresmo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

big car is easy to not hear someone outside..... especially if you have the stereo on... not condoning what he did... as was uninsured etc...

whole story is another reason why bikes are not safe.

yeah but it said that he heard the bloke screaming in pain

no it said that in someone elses opinion they thought he would have heard....

;)

Sophie Lorimer, prosecuting, said: “Dearing must have known that this was a serious injury because he told a policeman he could hear the screaming.”

No-he said it!!

now if we had chip and pin id cards that you had to insert in a card reader on the dash the prob of uninsured/untaxed/untrained drivers would go away as the immob would prevent vehicle use.....

but that would infringe on civil liberties..

Cannot believe that W&nker only gets 2 months jail & 300 quid fine. Like he's gonna pay that. He'll be driving again no doubt whilst disqualified, and imho he should be treated like the criminal he obviously is, rather than the 'yeah you've been a little naughty' slap on the wrist he's got now.

Compared to getting caught speeding this frankly is a joke. The motorcyclist could have died, and he's now disabled too. Who's gonna pay for that?

WTF give someone like that another chance to drive at all? Obviously too dumb to change his ways GRRRRR

Its just been on the telly:

The driver had just reversed up a slip road to get onto the motorway which is where the accident occoured.

he only decided to phone the police because he realised his numberplate was left at the scene...

on the news they said he would be out in a month :mad::mad::mad::mad:

EDIT: and he had already been in court 4 times for driving without insurance :thumbdwn:

Its just been on the telly:

The driver had just reversed up a slip road to get onto the motorway which is where the accident occoured.

he only decided to phone the police because he realised his numberplate was left at the scene...

on the news they said he would be out in a month :mad::mad::mad::mad:

EDIT: and he had already been in court 4 times for driving without insurance :thumbdwn:

WHAT!!!! why is he probs allowed out in a month???? Nooooo. he should stay in longer and be banned from driving completly!!

OR just thrown in a deep hole followed by a swift bullet to the head. Yep it is drastic but know what I mean it. I am sick of criminals (thats what he is) getting away with whatever they like and barely getting punished for it. Zero tolerance is what this country needs, maybe just maybe the scrotes may eventually learn.

OR just thrown in a deep hole followed by a swift bullet to the head. Yep it is drastic but know what I mean it. I am sick of criminals (thats what he is) getting away with whatever they like and barely getting punished for it. Zero tolerance is what this country needs, maybe just maybe the scrotes may eventually learn.

excuse me.. im the only fascist in this village...:rofl:

can we throw scooter/moped riders in too and any other bike owners say subb 900cc that are too slow and get in the way?

:banghead: :banghead:

The justice in this country sucks! Like the illegal immigrant that killed a 12 year old while driving with no licence or insurance. Got 2 months imprison and banned from driving!! Then you get someone like the footballer Pennent who crashes while on a ban and drink driving with no-one injured who gets 4 months!!! Is that really how much a life is worth!!! God I hate this country sometimes!!! :mad::mad:

can we throw scooter/moped riders in too and any other bike owners say subb 900cc that are too slow and get in the way?

Having recently joined the growing ranks of 2 wheeled motorists I find this story really sickening. This guys a Law student ffs! I'd like to rip his head off. F$%K$*g ****

Btw I guarantee you my 650 twin will out accelerate most things on the road,, unless your doing 0-60 in under 5 seconds? No thought not.

Btw I guarantee you my 650 twin will out accelerate most things on the road' date=', unless your doing 0-60 in under 5 seconds? No thought not.[/quote']

bikes are unsafe,antisocial and should be banned. cant wait for ncap bike vs pedestrian... all will love 4x4's again.....:D

have done 0-60 many many times under 5.0.... ;) but its corners where bikes get in the way or at least leve a small scuff on the bumper...:thumbup:

bikes are unsafe' date='antisocial and should be banned. cant wait for ncap bike vs pedestrian... all will love 4x4's again.....:D

have done 0-60 many many times under 5.0.... ;) but its corners where bikes get in the way or at least leve a small scuff on the bumper...:thumbup:[/quote']

Bikes unsafe ... To be honest I had similar views in my younger years ... my mother was a nurse in A&E so helped shape my opinion. Yes they are unsafe when ridden as such. Or when some low life (like the **** head mentioned in this thread) takes you out. Some car drivers have no appreciation of what it's like to ride a push bike, let alone a motorbike. Motorcyclists are vulnerable. Bicyclists are pedestrians also. The selfish road users among us (you?) might see this as justification for banning them ... I don't.

The majority of motorcyclists (& other road users) are half decent types. Yes some are a bit anti-social (with aftermarket exhausts etc). TBH I find the local chavs in their tin cans more of a nuisance than bikers...wheel spinning, screaming 1 litre engines, booming stereo's, tailgating etc..

I could be wrong (sorry if i am) but I'm guessing you don't have a bike licence and have no intention of getting one. This being the case, then your opinions aren't worth too much in my book. :)

Cheers

Paul

Bikes unsafe ... To be honest I had similar views in my younger years ... my mother was a nurse in A&E so helped shape my opinion. Yes they are unsafe when ridden as such. Or when some low life (like the **** head mentioned in this thread) takes you out. Some car drivers have no appreciation of what it's like to ride a push bike' date=' let alone a motorbike. Motorcyclists are vulnerable. Bicyclists are pedestrians also. The selfish road users among us (you?) might see this as justification for banning them ... I don't.

The majority of motorcyclists (& other road users) are half decent types. Yes some are a bit anti-social (with aftermarket exhausts etc). TBH I find the local chavs in their tin cans more of a nuisance than bikers...wheel spinning, screaming 1 litre engines, booming stereo's, tailgating etc..

I could be wrong (sorry if i am) but I'm guessing you don't have a bike licence and have no intention of getting one. This being the case, then your opinions aren't worth too much in my book. :)

Cheers

Paul[/quote']

Completely agreed. :thumbup: It is not the bikes that are unsafe, it is a very small minority of bike riders and a large majority of car drivers that makes riding them sometimes unsafe through a complete lack of respect for motorcyclists. Bikes are safe if ridden in the correct and safe manner and not ridden like a loon everywhere. Mine has been off the road for the past 2 years, but will be rebuilt this year ready for 2006. I can honestly say I feel safer on the bike at times than I do in the car. :)

You obviously know nothing about Bikes judging by that comment there are dozens of Bikes of the Sub 900cc class that would leave the VRs looking very very silly, I know of some 250cc bikes that would leave a VRs staring at a back tyre fading into the distance from a standing start. I'd put my 400 Bandit up against any VRs.

75% of motocycle related accidents are caused by some stupid **** wit like the guy from this story driving thier 3/4 ton of steel like a complete ***hole, with total disregard for other road users.

And with regards to Motorcycles being Unsafe, it's the car driver not paying attention to what he is doing that is unsafe, I personally think all car drivers should be made to ride a motorcycle before being allowed to drive a car, give em some idea of what crap us motorcycle riders have to put up with :mad: