Will these fit?

Andrew1991

I've been reading and if you go for them is not a simple installation. You will need different hub carriers, discs etc. Might loose abs in the process which means you might have to spend much more for this upgrade. Will check further but this what I got for now.

For what it's worth, many people run 312mm. Not only because only need discs, pad and carriers but seems to do the job for the Cupra guys. A £1,000 add-on at factory for the Cupra is racing brakes, which are 312mm. So 312mm should be enough stopping power :thumbup:

yes they will bolt up, but id be surprised if they cleared the spokes of the wheel without spacers.

Could I just upgrade the calipers to 4-pots and redstuff pads but keep the discs standard or are they too small for the calipers. It's a cheaper option haha! I figured I would need spacers as the stocks callipers are pretty close to the spokes as it is.

Thanks

Edited by Andrew1991

For what it's worth, many people run 312mm. Not only because only need discs, pad and carriers but seems to do the job for the Cupra guys. A £1,000 add-on at factory for the Cupra is racing brakes, which are 312mm. So 312mm should be enough stopping power :thumbup:

Yeh thats also another option but it's silly expensive. Do you reckon just upgrading the pads and fluid would be enough for occasional track day use or would I need to go as far as a brake kit upgrade? I'm just surprised that Skoda don't offer a sport brake option like Seat as the stock ones just don't inspire confidence haha!

If its possible I would settle for 4-pot calipers and pads to match but I'm not sure if they're too big for stock discs? Upgrading the brakes are definately on my modding list though!

Thanks

Pads, carriers and discs is the easiest and cheapest way to go. It's on my list a couple of months down the line.

Depends how long the track day is and how frequently you do them. If you're going in 10-15 minute bursts, stock will hold up and you give them time to cool down. Brake fade is always a big possibility after a few runs though.

I'm thinking this is all you'd need to upgrade the MKII brakes: 312mm brakes (aka discs, pads, calipers and carriers).

Seems quite cheap though...:wonder: Opinions?

It'll defo fit. Just depends whether they give a decent performance upgrade. Maybe with a good brake fluid and ferodo/redstuff pads they will make the braking performance significantly better? choices.... Definately cheap though, much cheaper than a £1000 seat sport upgrade haha!!

Edited by Andrew1991

• 3 weeks later...

Mini thread revival :p

My eyes lit up when I saw these....New Forge Big Brake Kit

Obviously need spacers but even with 15-20mm I'm not sure they'd fit :( Says A3, MK5 Golf etc so if somebody knew the specs for the 17" wheels on those it would be easier to do a comparison.

330mm discs with 6 pots....think I just wet myself :blush: