Fabia vRS Estate: First Thoughts

MartynVRS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah still I am. Done almost 600miles and washed it 4 times so far. Mainly because I've had loads of spare time and not because it's white. After a spin the other day in the rain I noticed points that get dirtier thanks to the aerodynamics. The inside edge of the rear doors and all the tailgate. Put another coat of Collinite 476 on this morning and on the wheels. It's making keeping it clean much easier and the beading is good. I can get it spotless within half an hour now. DSG is getting better and is learning especially up hills. Whereas before it would be in 3rd @30mph going up a certain hill now it's in 4th or 5th with no problems. There's plenty of pull in any gear. Still too early to say about economy as it's running in although I have seen 40mpg as a high and dawdling for 15 mins in Swansea traffic I saw 6mpg

Mine still buggars about on certain hills sometimes but nothing a quick flick of the paddle can't change.

Done just over 2000 miles and had it over 3 months now, love it and the noise is addictive :D

I've noticed people are often taking a double look at it and I've had plenty of good feedback with it. Always get the usual people having a go at me for buying a new car and I even felt guilty the other day that I had it even though I've worked damn hard to save for it. When I park up somewhere I look back and sometimes don't believe that it's mine. Double checked the oil and it hasn't used any yet.

Going to get new pads for polishing the glass tomorrow and it's pretty much perfect. Still need to find out how to change the headlight bulbs. Not much space for my big hands and I can't see how they come out. Do they turn out or is there a clip or latch? Also picking up my rear mud flaps tomorrow too and boot protector

Stunning B)

I've just ordered an estate (only a 1.2 elegance) and wasn't convinced the estate would suit white... Turns out I was wrong! The black accessories really set it off.

Check out page 201 of the manual for changing bulbs.

Here's what the boot protector looks like for anyone who wants to know. It retails at £56 but with a bit of persuasion I got it for under £50. Will get round to fitting the rear mudflaps but it's started raining

IMAG0273.jpg

Is it quite sturdy? Looks like it may flop about.

It's pretty sturdy. There's 4 plastic grab clips which have points to fix to. Then there's four bungee like cord loops that fixes to fixing points by the open end and the rear two go over where the rear seat clip in. It even comes in a zip bag so you can pack it away. The flap that goes over the tailgate is what I really wanted so I can sit on the tailgate and take my boots off when I go fishing.

What are you using to polish the glass?

Never seen this before!?

This Autoglym Car Glass Polish. It's more for cleaning rather than polishing. The inside isn't perfect and when it steams up there's a sticker mark on the passenger window from pre PDI. I like having clean windows especially the windscreen. It also stops smearing in wet weather. I've never used it before

http://www.autoglym.com/enGB/product-proddetail.asp?v06VQ=FE

Here's what the boot protector looks like for anyone who wants to know. It retails at £56 but with a bit of persuasion I got it for under £50. Will get round to fitting the rear mudflaps but it's started raining

IMAG0273.jpg

I like the boot protector, I'll definitely be getting one of those for my car.

Please put up a photo of the mudflaps when you get the opportunity, I'm not so sure if I need/want them, but I'm always open to persuasion.

Old news. I can live with the fuel economy otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. It's not a V8 and since on average I'm over 35mpg already I'm happy. I can't see me owning a diesel ever again. Forgot how much I missed petrol.

If I get time I'll add photos of the mudflaps tomorrow

I like the boot protector, I'll definitely be getting one of those for my car.

Please put up a photo of the mudflaps when you get the opportunity, I'm not so sure if I need/want them, but I'm always open to persuasion.

Here are my rear flaps fitted to the estate.. a bit tight getting at the Torx bolts with a cycle multi tool but still only took 15 minutes to fit and are working very effectively!

The fronts incidentally took a bit longer as have some tiny little tabs that have to be clipped behind the wing's seam.

IMG_1272.jpg

Old news. I can live with the fuel economy otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. It's not a V8 and since on average I'm over 35mpg already I'm happy. I can't see me owning a diesel ever again. Forgot how much I missed petrol.

If I get time I'll add photos of the mudflaps tomorrow

?

That's ok then just trying to lighten the mood, I'll stick to my 70mpg then ;)