Velux Roof & Windscreen Condensation

Sprockutt

Urgh, what a farce. Email Mr Hazelwood if nothing happens. This can't go on no. Good luck.

Well Thanks to your suggestion Johann I'm now pretty confident we'll see a resolution to this saga.

I emailed Mr. Hazelwood with the details of the issue, a link to the youtube video and to this thread. I have since just been contacted by someone else within customer services who has been assigned to my case. They will be looking into the details and will get back to me next week.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Now that Mr.Hazelwood is on the case things seem to be moving along a little better for some reason. :think: I'm now dealing with the Customer Services Manager who has passed the youtube link and details of the case onto the technical dept. She has just called today to organize taking my car into another local dealer (Henry's) this Friday. They will then have our car for several days and we'll see how they get on trying to fault find this issue.

The customer services manager has already said that if it were their car they would not be happy with the issues seen on the video and would want it resolved asap.

Thanks again Johann! Oh and I also received a letter from Mr. hazelwood the other day to say that he had received my email and was sorry to hear about my complaint and that he had forwarded it onto the customer services dept.

• Like 1

Now that Mr.Hazelwood is on the case things seem to be moving along a little better for some reason. :think: I'm now dealing with the Customer Services Manager who has passed the youtube link and details of the case onto the technical dept. She has just called today to organize taking my car into another local dealer (Henry's) this Friday. They will then have our car for several days and we'll see how they get on trying to fault find this issue.

The customer services manager has already said that if it were their car they would not be happy with the issues seen on the video and would want it resolved asap.

Thanks again Johann! Oh and I also received a letter from Mr. hazelwood the other day to say that he had received my email and was sorry to hear about my complaint and that he had forwarded it onto the customer services dept.

Glad to hear it is going in the right direction. Alas I'd have thought a company that scores so high year in and year out on the dealer side, would have been a bit better at handling this sort of thing than your lot has shown up to now... So if all else fails, best to get the big guns in and voila, things happen. Strange that.

• 2 weeks later...

We picked up the car today from Henry's Skoda in Glasgow after they had it in for a over week trying to diagnose our condensation issue. I'm now delighted to report that they have found the source of all our problems! It turned out th be an issue with one of the drain channels that run either side of the velux roof. Not the issue that the older Yetis had with them being to short but one of them hadn't been fitted correctly and had a slight sag that allowed water to gather. The noise we heard when we put the blower on was air travelling over this small puddled area in the channel and creating the broken air flap type noise as I described it. The reason we couldn't get it to do it on demand must have been that it needed to rain for a good while in order for this puddle to star to accumulate.

I had been been getting exasperated trying to convince Henry's and my original supplying dealer that this noisrpe and the condensation had to be linked. However luckily after a few days of having the car the guys in Henry's managed to hear it but only after they had been constantly soaking it to try and find a water leak somewhere in the car. Both garages were convinced that condensation issues must come from water ingress. To be fair to them this was a tough one to diagnose but credit to Henry's for trying their very best to find it for us. They have sent pictures of the fault to the Skoda technical dept who has never seen it before. So hopefully the next customer that has a car with incorrectly fitted rubber drain channel won't have to go through the grief that I've had to go through.

The customer service manager I had been dealing with since contacting Mr.Hazelwood has since been in touch to say they will pay for our first service for all the hassle and inconvenience.

I am now hoping we can start to enjoy the experience of owning a Yeti with a velux roof!

Sounds like real progress, I'm delighted for you!

What has been disappointing is reading how the first dealer operated on the basis that because they were unable to find the cause of a problem the answer must be that there is no problem.

It does sound a tricky one but that is what separates a good tech section from a poor one.

• Like 1

I'm delighted to hear that at long last you've been vindicated, the problem identified and rectified.

You really shouldn't have had to suffer this forago of denial and ineptitude!

None of us should really be needing to rely on SUK to sort issues - I do think Skoda is badly served by some dealerships and it also needs to up its game in problem solving.

The UK market can't be the Yeti's biggest and I can't accept that these issues manifest themselves only in UK cars?

I am going to suggest that West End have a look at this on Friday when they are looking at mine. Unfortunately there is no doubt that my car has had water ingress since the carpets are soaking, stained and now growing white mould all over the footwells. :sweat:

I hope you take it back to Henry's for it's service work after it being fixed there.

Without a shadow of a doubt! I will not be back to Parks, they have well and truly lost my business.