theSkyNet - Help to discover and understand our universe

ColinD

• Administrators

Hi all,

This is a fairly new distributed computing project to assist astronomy. Along the lines of other projects like this, seti for example, this takes the processing power or 100's of our machines and processes data from radio telescopes.

There site is here: http://theskynet.org/index

This project allows you to run it in a browser, so you don't need to install anything, or you can signup and download a client, windows, mac and linux.

I've created an Alliance for us if you want to take part, search skoda or briskoda and join today.

Wow I hope we discover something interesting :)

I been stargazing with some posh new binoculars recently and have seen for the first time, The Andromeda Galaxy the Seven Sisters and 3 of Jupiters Moons. Also may have made out the supernova, but that was just a maybe.

1.colindensem

2.apinner

3.F5k

4.KobayashiMaru

5.Tigger

We have just got a 48 core number crunching box at work.. i wonder if...

Got a few 16 core boxes here as well. I'm still trouncing my mate at Folding@Home even though I haven't crunched a single unit in over a year ;)

Can't really put this on those, but I've signed up with my work desktop which is on and idle most of the day anyway :)