Fuel Light...Vrs

Hey guys, a quick, yet random one...

When the fuel light comes on, on my Fabia Vrs 2005, i literally get like 10-15 miles worth of usage from it from when the light first occurs. Which has left me to conk out twice now en route to the fueling station, looking like a mug haha I was wondering if you guys had experienced anything similar and is it naturally how the Fabia functions, or do I have a stinker haha

lots of love, cheers ;-)

The light comes on when it gets to about 60 miles left. So if you driving nice and slowly, you could have only a little bit of fuel in the tank. If you then booted it from when the light come on, it`d do much less than the miles left shown on the trip. It`d work the other way round too. This is my understanding of how it works.

How many miles does it say you have on the trip when the light comes on? I`v only ran out once, because I done as I said above, the trip said I had 15 miles left when It stopped lol.

Matt

Its not that i wait for it to get that low, all my previous cars have allowed for 40-50 miles with the light, hence allowing for short daft runs to the shops etc haha... but it is literally giving me 10-15 miles once the light comes on and i am driving like a pussy... true story.

while we are on it, my MPG isnt all that clever either, car states 41MPG but doesnt seem to be doing that even... :-\

Continually running low/out on fuel wont do your engine any good long term.

Why dont you fill before it gets that low?

Why would it do it harm? I would run a quarter tank pretty much all the time?

I've had mine to 0 miles before now, haha! My fuel light comes on with about 65-70 miles to go and I generally fill it up soon afterwards. The low fuel light comes on when you have about 7 litres of fuel left in the tank so if you're only getting 10-15 miles from 7 litres of fuel then I'd say something is wrong. As for your trip computer showing you 41MPG - I'd say that's pretty poor even for runs around town. We all know the MPG computer isn't that accurate, most people on here get about 45-46MPG (that's about 10 miles from a litre of fuel). Anything drastically less than that and something is wrong. Check and change filters as a starting point. When was the car serviced last?

so looks as if no one else has genuinely had a problem similar haha apparently services just before i purchased, i shall be re-servicing in the coming weeks anyway when I fit new belt and water pump.

So do you think maybe its a sender problem or possible fuel stack?