Eggy smell and loss of power

barry_vrs

It makes me think "cat" too.

The alternative is that, if you'd just filled up from near empty, that you got into a batch of high sulphur fuel. In that event, fill up somewhere else as soon s you can get 3 or 4 gallons in, then run til near empty and fill up again.

As to secondary damage, it's unlikely. Don't stress it until you see if the symptoms sort themselves out with a new cat (or fuel as para (2)).

Funny you should say fuel as my wife put £20 worth of Sain**bur** cheap unleaded in a few days ago, despite my implicit instruction to always run it on Shell Optimax. I have just put £35 quids worth of decent fuel in and some fuel cleaner was unsure weather to run it or not.

Just had it check by 2 garages and they dont think its the Cat, seem to think it could be electrical.

If it's only part-full, fill right up with decent fuel (BP, Esso or Shell), and I think you'll see an improvement in about 20 miles.

The "rattling" noise may be pinking, aka pre-ignition, caused by the use of low octane fuel. Has the car been mapped on 97 octane or something?

Possible result, called SKoda and they have taken in for a diagnostic test as their was a recall on my car for faulty coil pack(s). Hopefully this is the fault and they will do it under warranty.

Failing that they should find the fault so at least i know whats wrong.

If you need a cat, I have one taken from my old Mk1 Octy vRS, when I fitted a full Blueflame turbo back system. Taken off at 25K and in perfect condition.

If you need it, please give me a pm, but if it is the cat and Skoda want to replace it, just make sure your sitting down when they give you the exchange price.