I keep hearing the MK1 Fabia VRS is "Fast" becoming a chavs car...

Beancounter1980

Well mine must be one of the only unchipped unmolested cars out there. Any car the becomes affordable enough for young men to tune up and hoon about in will get a certain reputation. The mark 1 Impreza is an example. I still think it is a great little car though and would love to own an original example.

• Like 1

Well mine must be one of the only unchipped unmolested cars out there. Any car the becomes affordable enough for young men to tune up and hoon about in will get a certain reputation. The mark 1 Impreza is an example. I still think it is a great little car though and would love to own an original example.

Make that two, unless you can count an aftermarket leather kit as cjhavy?

Standard IS best. :sun:

Several 'round here, but all being driven sensibly by  more 'mature' owners fortunately.

Edited by Mr Ree

I think the sad thing is noone on here would really object to young drivers getting into Mk1 vRS Fabia's or other cheap fun car icons.

The real shame is when they perform cheap nasty mods, do the bare minimum of maintenance to keep the thing running or none at all, effectively trash the car so it can't be passed on in a year or so's time to another owner, or if they do it is utterly goosed and a money pit for the poor soul that buys it.  I find it sad enough to see how many members cars on here end up being broken for parts.

It's that certain type of Yoof who is essentially a dead end for a car.

Buy it own it love it cherish it

If not then Saxo

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88

When out or about, at shows or on Brisky I'm not sure I've ever seen a "chavvy mk1 Fabia VRS".

You haven't seen the Diesel dog?

:o

96E1F75E-54B3-4933-9967-202EA121DE75_zps

DFA45E2B-7DA0-4631-A095-BCBB5E79C00C_zps

I've noticed our insurance on our vRS has been going up year on year for the last 3 years despite mine going down. When queried with Admiral at the time it was because of "lads of a certain age buy them (due to cheap tax and insurance), mod them, don't declare and end up crashing them". How true, I don't know but I've seen plenty to back that up. Its the same with Ibiza FR TDIs, early Leon Cupras and Mk4 Golf GT TDIs (alot of those around here 'barry'd up', including one at the opposite end of my street).

I've noticed our insurance on our vRS has been going up year on year for the last 3 years despite mine going down. When queried with Admiral at the time it was because of "lads of a certain age buy them (due to cheap tax and insurance), mod them, don't declare and end up crashing them". How true, I don't know but I've seen plenty to back that up. Its the same with Ibiza FR TDIs, early Leon Cupras and Mk4 Golf GT TDIs (alot of those around here 'barry'd up', including one at the opposite end of my street).

same up here current car of choice for the barry'd up brigade is a mk4 golf tdi for some reason..presumably cos a diesel is cheaper innit?

Edited by FTM

Guest BigJase88

same up here current car of choice for the barry'd up brigade is a mk4 golf tdi for some reason..presumably cos a diesel is cheaper innit?

Usually the cheaper s and r reg early ones

Black tints

Massive chrome 18's

Black reek out the back as their mate kev has turned the boost right up

No smoke no poke sticker

Edited by BigJase88