SPEED LIMIT TO BE RAISED TO 80MPH

Octoplus

Just for the record, if there is a fixed camera there will have been at least three fatal or serious injury incidents at the site in a three year period, for a mobile to be used at least one fatal or serious injury incident.

Like the one on top gear they talked about, when one of the "fatal" accidents was someone jumping of a bridge to commit suicide and other various "excuses" for them? :rofl: I think the "accident black spot" line wore thin a long long time ago

Matt

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Na, like I said it depends on various factors. If it is a through road, if its got barriers, if its got road marking etc etc. Not that clear cut.

Matt

Na, like I've said you can be. Several people have protested that car parks are price and as such are non-enforceable but unfortunately for them they still fined and some even got points.

If it has barriers, the barriers are down and it's not the normal operation hours if the car park then it is private and the police cannot enforce traffic otherwise it is just the same. If your speeding round your local morrisons or mcdonalds carpark doing handbreak turns etc you can and most likely will be prosecuted if seen by the police.

Not takIng sides in this argument as I have lost all interest and no longer have any idea what your on about but what would constitute a pro? How could said pro make my car for instance go any faster? Also do you consider yourself a pro?

not at all. I was simply making a point that my time was apparently amateur so would be interesting to see what a pro driver would get. Button or the stig for example :-P

If your speeding round your local morrisons or mcdonalds carpark doing handbreak turns etc you can and most likely will be prosecuted if seen by the police.

:rofl: Speak for yourself lol

Na, like I've said you can be. Several people have protested that car parks are price and as such are non-enforceable but unfortunately for them they still fined and some even got points.

If it has barriers, the barriers are down and it's not the normal operation hours if the car park then it is private and the police cannot enforce traffic otherwise it is just the same.

Ok

Matt

Just for the record, if there is a fixed camera there will have been at least three fatal or serious injury incidents at the site in a three year period, for a mobile to be used at least one fatal or serious injury incident.

And how do they get removed again?

When they get repeatedly fire bombed from what I've seen. Seems they eventually get bored of replacing them.

To be honest, im not sure it needs raising.

If they just put more police on the road, people would stop driving soo badly (too fast, too slow, lane hogging, etc etc), and we'd all get from A to B faster.

They stick an orange bag which says 'out of use' on it for six months. If vehicle speeds remain broadly the same and there are no incidents during that time there is some local consultation and it can come out.

The nearest fixed camera to me had the bag on about 3 years ago. Unfortunately during that time there was one fatal and one serious injury incident at the location so the bag came off and the camera went live again because it was clearly needed.

Rob.