Hot Glovebox

rob-s-

I have noticed that the 'upper' glovebox of my Roomster gets really really hot inside when the engine is running (too hot to touch the inside!).

Is this normal?

The interior light in the main glovebox is on whenever the engine is running and i suspect this light is causing the heat.

Anyone experienced this? Isnt the glovebox light supposed to be off until you actually open the glovebox?

Rob

It should... Those lights normally work of a little microswitch which sounds like its jamming on... If its under warranty take it back, if not try rooting around by the lock mechanism and see if you can find it.

I had a look for the usual microswitch but there isnt one.

The light must be activated via the two catches on either side of the door which move when you pull the handle.

If nobody here has any suggestions i will ring the dealer and see what they say.

Rob

The switch is a pain to get to, you need to remove the radio. Have a look at this old post

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/83522-light-in-storage-space

The same thing happened to my Roomster, I just took the bulb out. Can't say I have really missed the glove box light not being there.