MPG on 1.8TSi with DSG

Mine is manual, not a DSG, but it is a 1.8TSi and on my regular 400 ish mile trip up to Inverness for work from Cheshire, I am averaging around 42mpg, using the cruise control a fair bit set to a smidgen over the NSL.

Last Inverness trip was 42.9MPG, 420 miles and average of 66mph.

I don't do much town driving in mine, I just get onsite, park it up for the week, then drive back home on the Friday and for running around we use the Mrs's Polo at the weekend. Really really impressed with my 1.8TSi at the moment. I should also add that mine has been breathed upon by Ben the Shark ;) ;)

A 1.8TSi Superb is looking a possibility for next car but wonder if Skoda will get the revised 1.8 that Audi have just introduced on the A5 with stop-start,better Co2 and economy and 10bhp more!

DSG 1.8 Tsi: over 3500 miles the Maxidot is showing 33.9/Gal. I recently did Tank to Tank check on 150 mile trip and this

worked out at 36.9.

That's about what I get on the motorway.... At the moment 40 mpg doesn't seem possible :'(

LOL my dear dear chap, you really need run your outrageous claims through a calculator before you post.

630 mile range from a 1.8TSI DSG Octavia? Assuming you use the full 55litres available that is real 52.5mpg average over the whole tank!

I don't think so!!

I filled up my 1.8TSI DSG Octavia this morning. After a tankful mostly used for short journeys, low fuel light on for 50 miles and a final 10 miles crawling through heavy rush hour traffic, the Maxidot told me 5 miles left, 408miles travelled, average speed 26mph, fuel consumption 38.1mpg. Took 51.5 litres to fill it giving brim to brim of 35.9mpg.

That is the bottom end of normal for me: 35-40mpg is the norm brim to brim.

haha riddled! He had that figure once after filling up and venting and then driving down a big hill :rofl:

haha riddled! He had that figure once after filling up and venting and then driving down a big hill :rofl:

Suppose I will have to set the 2nd register on the next fill up and see how far I can get on that tankful, think I am mainly back and forth Cambridge ie A14 so will be hopefully of some good good figures as long as some lorry driver does not block the road as they occasional tend to do.

Report back later, probably next weekend.

• 1 year later...

My long term average (brim to brim) petrol consumption on my 1.8 TSI DSG7 Superb Estate is 34.66 MPG which isn't bad for a large car. If I drove more "sensibly" I could get close to the official figures. A typical commuting example is... country lanes: 5m > busy A road: 1m > very busy M3: 8m > slightly busy M25: 21m > very very busy stop/start A road 4m - more or less what combined driving is. ;-)

I've had mine for 10 months. Its done just over 6ooo miles. I have never changer the Maxidot and its showing an average over that time and miles at 40.9 MPG. I understand that the Maxidot can be some 7% optimistic so lets say 38MPG. Which quite frankly I am very happy with...considering that my last car was a JAG XJ V8 !!!

I had a 1.4TSi Golf DSG on loan and that did 32mpg urban, and I mean urban in a city that isn't a free flowing one, that figure was avoiding peak times though, hth.

I would honesty think the 1.8TSi will be close to it's official figures and I would hanker on 27/9 urban and 37/42 mixed.

Edited by Supurbia

Thanks for all the replies and input since I originally posted

As you can see I have averaged 37.4mpg since I got the car in Dec 2011

Yes it does go down if used around town and winter gives a couple of mpg less.

I have just done a long journey from Northampton to Plymouth and back which gave 40/41 real 43 OBC

Very pleased with the fuel consumption for a big car