Ordered a vRS Estate

The deed is done at last. Ordered a Fabia vRS Estate on Friday. Lead time of 5 months though, let's hope they go like the car.

Went for red with black alloys, have seen this combo on the site, but I've still to see a red estate with black alloys and the black pack fitted as well so really looking forward to seeing how it looks. Also, although I have only ever saw 3 Furby vRSs on the road, none of them have been estates so this is adding to the excitement. Got a test drive with the wife at the dealers on Wed night so she can sample the DSG.

The spec I wanted was cruise, black alloys and the arm rest, but then thought, what the helll, you only live once so added climate, parking sensors and heated seats. Also really tempted to get the Sat Nav as I think that would look great in the car, however you have to draw the line somewhere unfortunately.

One thing I wasn't sure of, I noticed a 3 spoke steering wheel was an option, is there much difference between that an the standard wheel?

Will upload pics once I get it. Anyone got any tips on how to make 5 months pass really quickly? :D

Edited by blair77

FIVE months!!!!! I can hardly wait til Tuesday to pick up my 1.9 tdi combi! Haha :)

Sounds like you've got yourself a very good choice of motor coming up!

5 months I still can't believe that! Hope you enjoy your test drive on Wednesday!

Went for red with black alloys, have seen this combo on the site, but I've still to see a red estate with black alloys and the black pack fitted as well so really looking forward to seeing how it looks.

It'll look something like this ;)

6110939226_39cc48d0fe_z.jpg

Great colour combo...not that I'm bias, much.

Bite the bullet and get the sat nav, it makes the dash feel a much posher thing to look at and it really is a nice bit of kit to use, I have the bluetooth and parking sensors and they all integrate into the screen beautifully.

Wanted to get the black pack and red was my top choice. My dealer is keeping an eye out for cancelled orders of a similar spec in an effort to speed things up a bit.

He reckons that as the vRS has went from 15% VAT in Q3 to 20% VAT in Q4, some dealerships may have ordered stock anticipating the vRS staying at 15%, and with them going back up to full price, we might get lucky as dealers may struggle to shift full price cars.

Any anyway, its down to 4 months and 26 days already :giggle: