vRSy's Mk2 Fabia vRS project and build

vRSy

I was just thinking I didnt like the look of it! lol...

Im not taking abuse from Fabia owners over the looks of the ST  :rofl:  That would be on par with a serial killer saying he doesn't condone violence  :bandit:

What I have noticed with this car is it draws alot of looks from people as you drive past (and no its not from driving like a tool :drunk: )

• Like 2

Great car. Bet you can't wait to Mountune it.

Im not in a huge rush tbh.  Im doing a trackday at nockhill in October so id like to do that one completely stock first to get a baseline for any future improvments.

With the Fabia i bought it knowing there wrre a multitude of flaws in the handling and the lack of grunt hence why i flew into the modifying after only 800 miles.  This car is much much more complete out of the box and is actually good enough stock to keep me happy for the minute.

It looks like you've enhanced the red - I could never get my red Focus to look right in photos. I thought about one of these, but couldn't justify the extra $12k or so over the Fabia. I also wasn't sure I wanted a manual. Nice one on the whole, though.

No bud, not enhanced, just a Camera phone picture.   It looks like the Ford garage have done a really good polish on it though.

pmsl..... checked it last after castle coombe and it was on max :p

YOu sure you had the dipstik the correct way up  :kiss:

Small update.

Finally took the car through some lanes for a pretty decent drive.  This car handles like an absolute treat.  So much grip and the turn in is unbelievably good.  Still getting used to how quick the steering is, but other than that i cant think of anything bad to say about the car at the moment.

Edit

Correction, one fault ive found and that's axle tramp when you accelerate from a stand still.  But a lower engine mount will solve that.

Ive been looking at the ingear times of the stock/Mountune Fiesta/Focus ST from 31-62mph (4th gear)

Fiesta ST 6.7 Secs

Mountune Fiesta ST 6.4 Seconds

Focus ST 5.7 Seconds

Mountune Focus ST 4.9 seconds

Pretty quick for the Mountune Focus.  Looking about now to see how it compares to other cars.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...