'That Fabia forum'

xa0sx

Your not the first to do anything, not the first to put brembos on, comp`s, not the first to run a hybrid, nor the fastest, your just the first to document pretty much every single item that you fit, change or mod and how much it has cost. I think there is a small amount of jealousy from some, and others that are asking what makes yours different to the numerous other hybrid fabias on here.

Dont take that the wrong way though, none of it stops your car being one of the nicest fabia`s about, you`ve done the mods you have felt were needed most along the way first, it`s not like you have fully blown your wad on ****e, and at the end of the day, it`s your car. I actually think it`s you and your antics that are probably talked about as much as the car :rofl:

Looking forward to seeing what is next for your fabia :thumbup:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the comments about your spending too much money on the car..... :giggle: ....can I join that club???.........Earlier this year I spent £1,500ish (with discount) on a complete brand new ABS unit as the original (10yrs old) was FUBAR and could not be rebuilt.....most people would just scrap the car and get a new one as whats a 10yr old 1.4 (100bhp) Elegance worth??.....Then I spent a bit more and fitted all new EBC discs and pads (other EBC discs and pads had worn out...discs not worn but scored/rusty)...and thats another £400ish.. :'(

Guest BigJase88

Better than what you have though, eh Jase?

You did after all decide to read it... I thought it was interesting that a random delivery driver knew my car, that's all... It wasn't even about my car but more the forum is general.

Don't read threads that you don't like then? I skip 99% of threads in this section. I don't get why others can't...

Why am I a mug for spending money on something I want? I never said it was all about money but I prefer my interior with the lights compared to an interior without them, so in that case then yes it is all about the money and without money it wouldn't look as good?

I don't get the last comment either, people spend what they can justify on their car. I can't justify buying a R35 GTR but obviously BossFox can. Does that mean he's a mug because he's spent £XX,XXX and I haven't?

I don't think it's anything special either, it's a diesel Skoda...

Through my choice... I could avoid posting photos of jumping bridges and 152mph runs but I chose not to, it's not like it's an accident or anything lol...

I haven't spent any money on the engine? It's a unmodified engine with bolt-ons...

Im pleased to quote i have a life away from umpteen build threads on umpteen different sites....

Must be a lonely world you live in

Im pleased to quote i have a life away from umpteen build threads on umpteen different sites....

Must be a lonely world you live in

Jase, all my project threads are bookmarked, I merely copy and paste one to all of them within 30 seconds... I just open them up in new tabs (CTRL + click on each bookmark) then paste (CTRL + V) the BBCode into each post and hit submit. Why does that mean I live in a lonely world? I work on computers all day long, taking 30 seconds out of my life every couple of weeks when I post an update isn't that much hassle believe it or not.

Guest BigJase88

Jase, all my project threads are bookmarked, I merely copy and paste one to all of them within 30 seconds... I just open them up in new tabs (CTRL + click on each bookmark) then paste (CTRL + V) the BBCode into each post and hit submit. Why does that mean I live in a lonely world? I work on computers all day long, taking 30 seconds out of my life every couple of weeks when I post an update isn't that much hassle believe it or not.

beyond me like

And to the better than my car comment

Yes it is and i probably wont sleep tonight stressing about it either

Better than what you have though, eh Jase?

You did after all decide to read it... I thought it was interesting that a random delivery driver knew my car, that's all... It wasn't even about my car but more the forum is general.

Don't read threads that you don't like then? I skip 99% of threads in this section. I don't get why others can't...

Why am I a mug for spending money on something I want? I never said it was all about money but I prefer my interior with the lights compared to an interior without them, so in that case then yes it is all about the money and without money it wouldn't look as good?

I don't get the last comment either, people spend what they can justify on their car. I can't justify buying a R35 GTR but obviously BossFox can. Does that mean he's a mug because he's spent £XX,XXX and I haven't?

I don't think it's anything special either, it's a diesel Skoda...

Through my choice... I could avoid posting photos of jumping bridges and 152mph runs but I chose not to, it's not like it's an accident or anything lol...

I haven't spent any money on the engine? It's a unmodified engine with bolt-ons...

Most definitly not, i was not talking about BossFox, im just talking about the way you go about things. You choose to brag about the money you can spend on you car when others choose not to, although many others may also have the money to spend. As another comment on this thread said, your not the first to do any of the stuff to your car (major stuff anyway) all be it your car looks alright, but its the way you go about things on here, and it sounds like other forums to which seems to get up peoples noses

Wow the claws are out tonight! :rofl:

I think your car's well tidy :thumbup: £400 on bulbs? I've spent about £200 myself - I don't see the problem with that! :rofl:

Nothing wrong with 'cheque book' modifiers, some peeps are skilled in other walks of life and are happy to pay ££ for people to tweak & do the greasy work their cars for them.

Wow the claws are out tonight! :rofl:

I think your car's well tidy :thumbup: £400 on bulbs? I've spent about £200 myself - I don't see the problem with that! :rofl:

Nothing wrong with 'cheque book' modifiers, some peeps are skilled in other walks of life and are happy to pay ££ for people to tweak & do the greasy work their cars for them.

'Cheque Book' modifiying, Just asking what the best turbo, intercooler, wheels, suspension is and then going out and buying it and having it fitted. Think that kinda ruins the whole idea for me but thats only my opinion. Think id rather do little bits at a time and appreciate them and see the benefits, rather than all in one go

'Cheque Book' modifiying, Just asking what the best turbo, intercooler, wheels, suspension is and then going out and buying it and having it fitted. Think that kinda ruins the whole idea for me but thats only my opinion. Think id rather do little bits at a time and appreciate them and see the benefits, rather than all in one go

Are you stupid? It's taken me a year to get to this stage doing it bit-by-bit. Go through my project thread and you will see that I've upgraded each part of the car as and when it needs it based on my own opinion of what would improve the car. Sure I asked suggestions on what intercooler to go for and so on, are you really criticising researching a product before purchasing it?

Most definitly not, i was not talking about BossFox, im just talking about the way you go about things. You choose to brag about the money you can spend on you car when others choose not to, although many others may also have the money to spend. As another comment on this thread said, your not the first to do any of the stuff to your car (major stuff anyway) all be it your car looks alright, but its the way you go about things on here, and it sounds like other forums to which seems to get up peoples noses

Erm, I didn't start any of this... The point I was making is he said plenty of cars of the same spec, probably implying hybrid turbo running 220bhp+. It may be as fast but all the comparisons I've seen so far are running on £300 coilovers, no LSD, 312mm brakes, etc... There's very few Fabia's that are of a higher spec, I can only think of a few... and that's not me bragging as anyone who knows me will know I think my car is a piece of **** and I'm never happy with it, I'm just stating a fact, regardless whether I owned the car in question or not.

Did you fit you're RARB :wonder:

Just asking like :)

Not yet. It's being powder coated. :)

beyond me like

And to the better than my car comment

Yes it is and i probably wont sleep tonight stressing about it either

My point is why jump on me and criticise my car/myself when you have nothing better?

Once again theres been a post by xa0sx that has been misconstrued/misunderstood by some members and has been turned into a petty slagging match by others. With the usual complaints about "the way" the Fabia I section is getting.

Surely it would save everyone the hassle if threads like this were posted in a more general section as it seems the original point (correct me if i'm wrong) of this thread was highlighting how well known Briskoda has become out with the obvious Skoda owners circles.

I know when you bring people from different walks of life and parts of the country etc together there is always going to be personality clashes and the odd feelings of jealousy etc but surely a public forum with thousands of members isn't the place to be expressing it.

I think it would be worth while getting a section put together at the very bottom of the forum out the way beneath everyone else so members can go argue, bitch, moan and complain about each other without dragging the rest of the forum down with them.

Hopefully this thread will be deleted, not because of its original content but because of the way its turned out.

Somebody give us a shout when the name calling starts ...

It's started....

Knob !!

:giggle::thumbup: Kidding.

I think it's good that you've at least got a well documented build thread, and at the end of the day it's all down to personal taste, but better spending it on the car than booze and drugs :p

I guess some just keep things to themselves with regards mods and spec.

Just read this thread from the start. Fecking hilarious!

How did this thread degenerate so quickly from xa0sx saying that his car was recognised by a delivery guy to loads of people jumping on the band wagon and giving him 3 pages of grief.

Everyone giving him grief for being a so called 'cheque book' modifier needs to get a serious grip. You are morons... I love the fact that xa0sx smashed a load of money in on bulbs alone. Why not? It's his money and he will do what he wants with it. If I had the available reddys to do that sort of thing then I would too. Good on you for it fella (even if I am a bit envious of you for being able to do it). xa0sx has never claimed to be the first to mod a mk1 fabia and he has never claimed to have the fastest mk1 fabia that I am aware of (mine is probably the fastest BTW but i never go on about it :rofl: ). If any of you out there branding him as a 'cheque book' modifier made your car look as good as his and had spent the same amount of money on it in such a short space of time, then you would want to shout about it too. Green eyed monster anybody????

Getting on at xa0sx for posts about driving like a kn0b is fair play if that is what he has posted. I've not read any of these type of posts though so cant really comment on it.

I'm a "cheque book modifier" too, to some extent.

Not everybody is a mechanic or tech but we all like a nice car.

I do what I can myself but I am a builder.

If you wanted your Fabia plastered or a chimney putting on it

then I'm your man. :rofl:

I've fitted my own Rarb, made a stealth parcel shelf

from scratch (Carpentry skills were handy on that one) put my own

shark fin and strut brace on and I'm happy to fit Stereos, lights,

hands free kits and other electrical jobs as those skills carry

across from what I do to earn a crust.

BUT... Would I be happy to do brakes, clutch, dmf, suspension, spray work?

NO. But I've had all these things done since I've had my Fabia,

some things like that are better left to the experts in my opinion.

So I take the money I earn from what I can do well and pay someone else

to do this kind of work because I want my cars as tip top as I can afford

and more importantly, safe.

You can't be good at everything... :no:

It's not really fair to dig Luke out because he isn't doing

all this work himself. The guy takes pictures and works on computers

for a living.

I see so much bodged work in what I do where people have

"had a go" and ultimately it ends up costing them more

by the time I have undone what they've done badly, dangerously or

just plain wrong and put things right again.

Recently I un-installed a shower that someone had put in using 2.5mm flex :o

This should have been a minimum of 6.0mm twin and earth, 10mm to be sure.

It's not always better to DIY. This bloke could have burnt his house down.

Sometimes it's better to pay to have things done properly, that counts tenfold

when it's a car.

Just my 2p.

Never mind all that ****, how the fudge can you spend £400 on bulbs is what I want to know lol (do they perform a sex act upon you for that much)

If I was taking the **** I'd suggest that they're warrantied Formula 1 bulbs. :giggle: Or that Sausage Roll sells light bulbs and is merely supporting his biggest customer.

This thread's degenerated into multiple personality clashes or issues clashes and detracts from the forum IMO.

J.