'That Fabia forum'

xa0sx

My Jabba RARB was delivered today by Parcel Force. I answered and he gave me the bar and asked me if the black Fabia was mine. I said yes and he said that he's seen it on 'that Fabia forum' and that he has a Fabia TDI.

Talk about exposure. :p

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well considering the amount you post about it, i'm not surprised someones heard of it, here, E38, facebook etc etc...

Dont get me wrong its a nice car, but there's plenty others the same spec, they just dont bleat about it all day everyday ! :D

Link me to one of the same spec please, should be easy as there's plenty of them... I can think of maybe 2-3 Fabia's that are the same spec or better, and even than it's arguable, I certainly wouldn't swap mine for any other Fabia.

A guy near me bought a Fabia, a 2nd hand turbo, 2nd hand intercooler and clutch, got a remap and now goes around saying it's the same spec although he's on £100 eBay coilovers and £100 alloys... I don't see it as the same spec, it may be putting out similar figures but it's all the little things that make a car unique, subtle changes, I reckon I've spent in excess of £400 on just bulbs and LED lighting for my car for example but to most people they wouldn't even recognise it as a modification lol.

I have a build thread on various forums yeah, so do many people, I don't see what the problem is? Plus it's going 1.8T soon so should be more unique.

Link me to one of the same spec please, should be easy as there's plenty of them... I can think of maybe 2-3 Fabia's that are the same spec or better, and even than it's arguable

I have a build thread on various forums yeah, so do many people, I don't see what the problem is? .

I never said there was a problem.

I just "personally" dont see it as anything too special.

As i stated, i do think it's a nice car, but there are others with similar "mechanical" spec to you, but not everyone bleats about it.

And the fact it's also famous for the wrong reasons !

IE - your driving style and claims :)

Link me to one of the same spec please, should be easy as there's plenty of them... I can think of maybe 2-3 Fabia's that are the same spec or better, and even than it's arguable, I certainly wouldn't swap mine for any other Fabia.

A guy near me bought a Fabia, a 2nd hand turbo, 2nd hand intercooler and clutch, got a remap and now goes around saying it's the same spec although he's on £100 eBay coilovers and £100 alloys... I don't see it as the same spec, it may be putting out similar figures but it's all the little things that make a car unique, subtle changes, I reckon I've spent in excess of £400 on just bulbs and LED lighting for my car for example but to most people they wouldn't even recognise it as a modification lol.

I have a build thread on various forums yeah, so do many people, I don't see what the problem is? Plus it's going 1.8T soon so should be more unique.

Surely that just makes you a big of a mug? they definitely saw you coming if you spent over £400 on bulbs. Its not all about the money you spend on your car lad, all you seem to do is go about bragging about the cash you throw at your car. Where as most people on here arn't just "cheque book modifiers" like you seem to be

Surely that just makes you a big of a mug? they definitely saw you coming if you spent over £400 on bulbs. Its not all about the money you spend on your car lad, all you seem to do is go about bragging about the cash you throw at your car. Where as most people on here arn't just "cheque book modifiers" like you seem to be

+1

you did afterall just decide to make a thread soley about how people notice your car on a forum.

I think you and Richard have too much money emoticon-0110-tongueout.gif

I guessed you're referring to me Sam. :p

Don't put us in the same category... I haven't just bought a brand new R35 GTR!

It's not brand new, it's 18 months old. Far cheaper than a new one.

But I know what you mean. :thumbup:

Anyway, one thing is clear. You may drive your car hard but you clearly love it. B)

Just keep that flame suit on. :giggle:

Guest BigJase88

Well considering the amount you post about it, i'm not surprised someones heard of it, here, E38, facebook etc etc...

Dont get me wrong its a nice car, but there's plenty others the same spec, they just dont bleat about it all day everyday ! :D

Class! Love this quote!!

Too true!

Its a stage 2 blower with a bit of water meth lol

Class! Love this quote!!

Too true!

Its a stage 2 blower with a bit of water meth lol

Better than what you have though, eh Jase?

+1

you did afterall just decide to make a thread soley about how people notice your car on a forum.

You did after all decide to read it... I thought it was interesting that a random delivery driver knew my car, that's all... It wasn't even about my car but more the forum is general.

This Fabia section is fast becoming a popcorn fest :thumbdown:

Don't read threads that you don't like then? I skip 99% of threads in this section. I don't get why others can't...

Why am I a mug for spending money on something I want? I never said it was all about money but I prefer my interior with the lights compared to an interior without them, so in that case then yes it is all about the money and without money it wouldn't look as good?

I don't get the last comment either, people spend what they can justify on their car. I can't justify buying a R35 GTR but obviously BossFox can. Does that mean he's a mug because he's spent £XX,XXX and I haven't?

I just "personally" dont see it as anything too special.

As i stated, i do think it's a nice car, but there are others with similar "mechanical" spec to you, but not everyone bleats about it.

I don't think it's anything special either, it's a diesel Skoda...

You are famous in my circles also dude but in not so glowing terms... :(

Through my choice... I could avoid posting photos of jumping bridges and 152mph runs but I chose not to, it's not like it's an accident or anything lol...

ROFL!! All this money on the engine, then you are throwing a 1.8 20VT in it?

I haven't spent any money on the engine? It's a unmodified engine with bolt-ons...