New Skoda vRS for some great prices - Happy Xmas

Saw this link today on a well known deals site & it seems very good value, especially given the increases from earlier in the year. The only catch is the 50% down & 2 yrs interest free but depends on what your planning it might suit you but certainly not everyone's pocket. Deffinately a good deal though IMHO :thumbup:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/skoda-octavia-vrs-2-0-fsi-turbo-16-326-drivethedeal-save-4023-0-finance-1043783

Petrol vRS (non DSG) £16326

with DSG £17259

Diesel £16860 - I'm asuming a non DSG.

If anyone is planning on swapping soon, might be worth a punt if you are that way inclined?

P.S. The Happy xmas only really aplies to Petrol orders. :giggle:

Edited by HWMBO - Mark

nice find lol at the comments on the link ........ some pure morons about still I see afraid of our badge hahaahhahah glad to see some VW owners saying they think their car is better but not to the point the price difference would be justified at least they are not totally ignorant lol :thumbup::giggle:

" I just think the plastic in the Skodas is a bit cheap and nasty. I'd rather get 2nd hand and have quality." This guy smokes crack and has never been in a Skoda lol

"A Skoda is a poor man's Volkswagen. Just save up a bit more and get a better badge" This guy is just a tool!

"I see by your avatar that you are probably an iPhone owner. Which would suggest's to me that you like quality and style and are prepared to spend a little more to achieve that So why would you buy a skoda!" This guy is my nemesis!

" £16000 Skoda or £25000 Golf? There's a hell of a lot of things I'd rather have more than an Volkswagen badge on my car." This guy is my hero :thumbup:

Ordered mine with the below spec for £18,240! Happy Days :rofl:

And my local dealer beat drivethedeal by £50 quid or so. + remember you only get 6 months tax through drivethedeal and if you stay in scotland have to pay for delivery.

Ordered mine with the below spec for £18,240! Happy Days :rofl:

And my local dealer beat drivethedeal by £50 quid or so. + remember you only get 6 months tax through drivethedeal and if you stay in scotland have to pay for delivery.

You did well. Makes you feel good doesn't it. I got mine for £17K & I think that was fair. Make you fell all goey inside. I'm now considering the re=map but i'm seeking advise first.

Loving the arguments on HUKD - Some people are still clearly living in the 70s!

What spec did u go for?

I'm considering anthracite wheels and possibly a remap, pennies dependant ;)

The extras were:

Race Blue

Spare Wheel

Sun blinds (rear & side)

Maxidot

& rear sensors

If I went for White too i'd deffinately be tempted to darken my wheels but they seem ok as they are with a blue shell. You seem to have a good price too given the spec. It's great fun to drive! I just wish I lived further away from work now :rofl:

I enquired with Shark & they qouted £499.99. I might wait for another group buy to achieve a saving, given i've gotta drive from Southampton to make the trip (which I dont mind to get a great service).

Edited by HWMBO - Mark

Always the same when someone posts a car deal on HUKD. It was the same for a recent Fabia deal posted.

I couldn't help but add a comment on the Octy thread! But the best comment was from a Focus CC Td owner!

Always the same when someone posts a car deal on HUKD. It was the same for a recent Fabia deal posted.

I couldn't help but add a comment on the Octy thread! But the best comment was from a Focus CC Td owner!

remapped and still slower than mine and he is bragging about it :rofl:

Hilarious link - enjoyed that!

So happy with mine!

Having come from a Mk 5 Golf GTI, I know how lucky we are!

(just as quick, more room, much better ride (happy wife), less people trying to race you, much better VFM)

I saw this offer on HUK, unfortunately the 0% finance doesn't apply as the poster has got it wrong. still a cracking price though, i'm tempted to see how close my local dealer can come. If it is available for this price with 0% finance i'll be buying a new petrol VRS!

I'm glad there are still snobs about, means the price stays low :)

We love our cars, sod them and there badge snobbery. I'll keep my money thanks ;)

+1 - I'm with you all the way. It's common sense! :giggle: More fool them

I'm seriously considering this. They don't have any demo new diseasel VRSs in at my local dealer but there's one on a 57 plate. I'm sure that'll be similar? I used to have a Leon FR 170 until I gave it back to buy a new house with the extra money I wasn't spending on car, but I really miss the power now, about 3 years on. Hmm.

What's MDi? I need a big stick to beat my local dealer(s) with, so the HUKD thing seems quite good, but any chance you'd let me know the details of your dealer(s) so I can say "well these guys are doing this this and this for $xxx. Match that please." (sorry, US keyboard)

Cheers :)

I went to 4 of my local dealers and 2 wouldnt entertain it, being £1500 out and 1 came to within £500 and the last slightly beat my best price. Ingram in Ayr, Scotland.

Another dealer told me they must be making a lose, which I dont really buy but probably are not making a great amount. This said they have still been the best to deal with overall and got my business!

MDI is an option - Mobile Device Interface. Although's you to plug in your iphone/ipod/MP3 and operate through the stereo

I'm seriously considering this. They don't have any demo new diseasel VRSs in at my local dealer but there's one on a 57 plate. I'm sure that'll be similar? I used to have a Leon FR 170 until I gave it back to buy a new house with the extra money I wasn't spending on car, but I really miss the power now, about 3 years on. Hmm.

What's MDi? I need a big stick to beat my local dealer(s) with, so the HUKD thing seems quite good, but any chance you'd let me know the details of your dealer(s) so I can say "well these guys are doing this this and this for $xxx. Match that please." (sorry, US keyboard)

Cheers :)

It wont be the same - a 57 plate will be the PD and the new ones are CR diesels.

MDI connects to your MP3 player. Not really much point though as you have a AUX in and SD slot on the Bolero.

they are always making a profit, for the forces overseas like germany you can buy a tax free standard petrol vrs hatchback for 13k. My spec cost me 16.5K and still skoda and a middle man company like forces cars direct still make money. take them for everything they have got!

I pai £17,500 for an 11 plate, zero mileage, "pre-registed" VRS 170 DSG with rear sensors. It was a main dealer so I got the chance to actually see the car. I reckon thats a bargain!

I just noticed this on HUKD and thought it sounded interesting, so took a test drive on saturday and ordered one today! Haggled with the dealers using the DTD price and managed to get a candy white diesel hatch for £16700, also they found one in transit so no waiting, should be here in 2-3 weeks... think i also managed to get the spare wheel in for this price as well. All in all i am very happy and looking forward to my first Skoda :)

I just noticed this on HUKD and thought it sounded interesting, so took a test drive on saturday and ordered one today! Haggled with the dealers using the DTD price and managed to get a candy white diesel hatch for £16700, also they found one in transit so no waiting, should be here in 2-3 weeks... think i also managed to get the spare wheel in for this price as well. All in all i am very happy and looking forward to my first Skoda :)

Welcome to the site and congrats on your purchase. Saw your post on HUKD and rest assured they don't depreciate any more than a Golf or A3. :thumbup:

Did you order any extras? Maxidot and rear parking sensors should be at the top of the list!

Welcome to the site and congrats on your purchase. Saw your post on HUKD and rest assured they don't depreciate any more than a Golf or A3. :thumbup:

Did you order any extras? Maxidot and rear parking sensors should be at the top of the list!

Nope, no options apart from the spare wheel! was either that or wait 3 months... you could probably answer me a question, do they come with floor mats as standard? some places it states it does, others there's no mention and they are listed on the options list?

Nope, no options apart from the spare wheel! was either that or wait 3 months... you could probably answer me a question, do they come with floor mats as standard? some places it states it does, others there's no mention and they are listed on the options list?

You should get them, i got them with mine but have heard some reports of people not getting them!

I got carpet mats but genuine ones are cheap anyway as i paid £27 for a full set of rubber mats (for the winter!).