EGR delete on BLT engine

ste372

as we all know when one of these is fitted to a BLT engine the EML cant be mapped out. now as i understand it, this is because you unplug it when you install the delete pipe. would it be possible to leave the orginal egr valve plugged in but disconnected from the intake system? ok it might not look the tidiest but does anyone think you might be able to keep the EML light out doing it this way?

I thought the egr return was after the maf like most other cars as the maf measures clean air. If you added the dirty vapor out of the egr you would be forever cleaning maf.

The EGR is down stream of the MAF, but if you take the EGR values off the total intake air measured, you still get an error. The ECU determines an airflow requirement per stroke, and at light throttle, introduces a proportion of EGR gas to make up the mix. Remove the EGR and you get flow errors.

• 2 weeks later...

We're (Ross and I) getting our original EGR internals removed so they're in place all wired in just not doing anything. That way you keep the anti-shudder too.

Unit 18 can do this for you. :)

I'm sure that this will still show a warning light for Ross :(

On the plus side, you'll be fine :)

• 3 weeks later...

Got my car back last night after geting a hybrid put on it. Had an egr delete fitted and a jabba map uploaded and my eml is not on. 06 plate fabia so it's a blt engine.

kev @ jabba sent me a map to try and it made my car not start and the ecu is fooked now :(

What do you mean by not start. I went out to my car this morning and had to jump start it. Thought that was just because it had been sitting in the garage for over two months and the battery needs a decent charge.

Edit

Just checked the battery and its fubar'd. Replaced it and the cars fine now :)

Edited by armstrong21490

What do you mean by not start. I went out to my car this morning and had to jump start it. Thought that was just because it had been sitting in the garage for over two months and the battery needs a decent charge.

Edit

Just checked the battery and its fubar'd. Replaced it and the cars fine now :)

Nope nothing to do with that its the map mate,

car was fine wrote the map onto the car and it wouldnt start mate :thumbdown:

• 2 months later...

hey guys. i dont want to hi jack the thread but i need some advice. i have a fabia vrs (BLT), mapped, p150, fmic and egr delete. the car was running fine, but the eml was on because of the egr delete. the company who mapped my car changed the egr values and they told me to get hold of a egr and plug it in, so i did. i cleared the codes and did a sequential actuator test. Now the car feels like its in limp mode! if i disconnect the egr theres buzzing sound. if i clip the egr sensor back in the sound goes away but the starts late/lazy. so i dont know whats happen to it. Appreciate your advice guys.

thanks

tony.

I've run a blt with an allard egr delete for 2 years with no probs apart from the eml light on, obviously an mot fail now so I'm going to fit the egr valve but leave the exhaust pipe from the manifold to egr valve disconnected. My exhaust manifold has a blanking plate on it from the allard kit so I'll fab a blanking plate for the egr valve, this should keep the inlet tenp down and keep the eml light off.