South Wales Meet 2012

Waplord

This is in my calendar, and im just trying to make accommodation arrangements... got some friends in Swansea so ill prob be out on the lash there on sat night... will confirm asap.

• Like 1

Cannot make it to this meet :( but it seems your passing my way and I would advise this 'Penderryn road' on your travels....

2012-04-14_20-18-10-1.jpg

2012-04-14_20-18-04-1.jpg

You'll even pass my house and on the off chance I'm home from work I'm gonna join you!!

Think MartynVRS knows it?

I dont wanna go out on the lash :( would much rather have a quiet drink in hotel we stay in ect ..... I actually really dislike a "night out on the town"... maybe its something to do with working on the ambulances...

Haha I'm just joking, trying to remember all the chav-nests in Cardiff!

• Like 1

Cannot make it to this meet :( but it seems your passing my way and I would advise this 'Penderryn road' on your travels....

You'll even pass my house and on the off chance I'm home from work I'm gonna join you!!

Yes I do and it's a fantastic piece of road up for down and I found it by accident back when I'd only been driving a month and I'd followed the A40 in my Astra and said "wonder what's down there?". Best thing I ever did

given i live in Cwmdare and have a motorbike i know pretty much every inch of this road now ;-)

might try and pop along for the day, ill have to see what i can do

Just a reminder to anyone who isn't aware if you are coming into wales on the M4 via the new or old bridges then its a £6 toll and they don't take cards or cheques.

The toll is only to get in but its free to leave.

Nah dont worry Mr Sharky as im sure Babs will tell you the way down to the m4 (and anyone heading from a northern direction) is: down the M50 > A40 > A449 at the turning by Strencham services on the M5. cuts out the bridges all together and its a nice drive.

Word of warning for anyone driving the M4 heading here.

The there are variable speed limit signs by newport on the m4 and they DO WORK, also people aren't sure if when the limit isn't set on the gantry if the enforcement cameras are set at 70ish or not.

Also watch out on the bridges as you come up to junctions 33,34,35 and 36 as these are the favorite places for our local speed camera muppets to sit and take photos.

• Like 3

just had confirmation from the Severn Crossing people (god im organised!)

"I can confirm that a temporary system for accepting card payments using hand held units is now available at the manned Toll Booths on both the Severn Crossings.

If paying by credit/debit card, you should tell the Toll Collector you wish to pay by this method and he/she will give you a handheld card machine for you to insert your card and PIN."

• Like 1

Right just one more thing gang i need to get a ballpark figure so i can tell the Chinese Buffet place how many people are going for lunch.

http://www.orientalgardencardiff.com

this is where we're going for lunch its £6.95 a head + (drinks on top of course).

just to get a rough number of people going (i've added the stayovers and the people i know are definitely up for the lunch) so i can tell them how many to expect, add yourself below if you will want feeding too.

1. Mr & Mrs Wap

2. Sharkrider + Black and White

3. SkudVRS + 1

4. Babs

5. Tigger + Paige

I'll be heading up Friday evening, not sure where i'll be sleeping but my amazing powers normally manage to hook me up somewhere, at the worst i'll sleep in my car/tent and wake up looking like i've been raped.

Might see about booking a cozy hotel for 2 whole nights =O!

Really go all out and everything haha.

Because I love you guys, and we can have a pyjama party in my room :3