GTI Festival @ Santa Pod 22/04/12 - Briskoda stand!

devonutopia

Thinking of getting to this show next year! All being well the mongrel will have the new turbo on and I'll be seeking to improve my 13.7 PB 1/4 mile done in 2010. This is the Sunday before the Combe Action Day but I'm confident of making it to both :D

1) devonutopia - mongrel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm still aiming for thia! Its highlighted in pink highlighter on my Santa Pod year wall planner in front of me :D I am unlikely to have the new turbo though so not sure if its worth me bothering to run. Will probably only decide on the day.

• 1 month later...

Are you all fixed up with the new turbo and ready to beat your best of 13.7 and crack my best of 13.6 Jason?

No, I have this summer on my old turbo (manifold repair + insurance renewal stung me badly), but I think the car is running a bit better, plus I haven't gone in drag since fitting the gearbox capable of crossing the line in 4th. My 13.7 involved a change to 5th which is very annoying so close to the end.... Also going to be trying the space savers this time for a laugh. The aim is to really just match the last time if possible.

No, I have this summer on my old turbo (manifold repair + insurance renewal stung me badly), but I think the car is running a bit better, plus I haven't gone in drag since fitting the gearbox capable of crossing the line in 4th. My 13.7 involved a change to 5th which is very annoying so close to the end.... Also going to be trying the space savers this time for a laugh. The aim is to really just match the last time if possible.

That could be quite interesting as I think the cars are well matched.

If I can come it would be pretty cool to get some side facing HD vids of each other going from a standing start down the whole quarter mile! :D

Something a bit different of your car (and mine) you'd not usually get.

That could be quite interesting as I think the cars are well matched.

If I can come it would be pretty cool to get some side facing HD vids of each other going from a standing start down the whole quarter mile! :D

Something a bit different of your car (and mine) you'd not usually get.

I like the idea of that. I can't really move the blackvue so the only way you'd get in shot is if I stall it on the line :D

I like the idea of that. I can't really move the blackvue so the only way you'd get in shot is if I stall it on the line :D

I'll lend you a spare mount. :)

If I can make it.

I'll be going to this, i went last year the weather was insanely hot!

I just want a wind direction NOT from the traditional direction (south westerly) as thats a direct headwind. Saying that, my 13.7 was into a good 15mph odd headwind.

Yeah, just not so sure how many from here will be going. It might end up being more of a car-park, find a spot, job....

Well interested in this show and fancy castle combe aswel just the combe is a bit of a trek and the boss ladys bday is inbetween these two so might be abit to costly to attend all 3. hhmmm :think:

P.S. couldn't you gain abit more attention if this topic was in the "shows" bit.??

• 2 weeks later...
1) devonutopia - mongrel
Do they have show n shine at this one like at the year ender gti fest?. . .deffo gonna be going to this tho. . .
i would be temped my car isnt nothing spech atm and maby be intrested in doing some runs depends on the day ild be intrested in a stand though
I'll be going to this, i went last year the weather was insanely hot!
I'm up for it :)
Well interested in this show and fancy castle combe aswel just the combe is a bit of a trek and the boss ladys bday is inbetween these two so might be abit to costly to attend all 3. hhmmm

1. devonutopia - Mongrel

2. vrs'burks -

3. j.braders -

4. DeadMau5 -

5. Tech1e -

6. danny p -

7. BossFox - Fabia mkI VRS SE

So is this about where we are then?

Seems to be. The mongrel got her first "proper" drive today over Exmoor and she felt good, so hopeful she will go on to beat her previous record. Even Sharkrider said "smoke is no worse than any other remapped fabia...." That's got to be good :D

I thought yours smoked less due to big injectors and NOS. :D

Are we going to do a Brisky stand?

If so I'll come, but if not I may just go to a RWYB day where you can get a lot more sprints in down the track.