Tail Lights in Red, Done!

Robbie_95

if you have painted over the reflector then you have an MOT fail on your hands and could face regular stops by the friendly police, especially now with the darker evenings.

I hope those indicators are brighter than they seem, otherwise in bright daylight they are going to be difficult to see and should you be rear ended as a result dont expect an insurance payout.

Reversing lights are not a problem, as there is no requirement to have them and they are not even tested for the MOT.

The Lamin-X website (if thats what you used), states in their small print that the product is for off-road use only, so you have no comeback should you get stopped.

if you have painted over the reflector then you have an MOT fail on your hands and could face regular stops by the friendly police, especially now with the darker evenings.

I hope those indicators are brighter than they seem, otherwise in bright daylight they are going to be difficult to see and should you be rear ended as a result dont expect an insurance payout.

Reversing lights are not a problem, as there is no requirement to have them and they are not even tested for the MOT.

The Lamin-X website (if thats what you used), states in their small print that the product is for off-road use only, so you have no comeback should you get stopped.

Yeah Lamin-x. The indicators are quite good, but lets be fair the standard ones are pretty crappy in the day light as well, At night they are spot on. If there is a distinct difference between the signals and brake/tail lights then there is no reason for the fuzz to pull me over?

Im trying to be a bit different then doing the usual boring dark tint like everyone else ;) but its not for everyone

Yeah Lamin-x. The indicators are quite good, but lets be fair the standard ones are pretty crappy in the day light as well, At night they are spot on. If there is a distinct difference between the signals and brake/tail lights then there is no reason for the fuzz to pull me over?

Im trying to be a bit different then doing the usual boring dark tint like everyone else ;) but its not for everyone

Hi Robbe_95,

Different but be warned I had dark tinted lights on my LE earlier this year but ended up changing it back due to hassle with the police complaining about them being too dark even though I had doubled up on the rear lights

Link Here

Hi Robbe_95,

Different but be warned I had dark tinted lights on my LE earlier this year but ended up changing it back due to hassle with the police complaining about them being too dark even though I had doubled up on the rear lights

Link Here

your lights are quite obvious thou, are they the darkest tint? mines dont look too obvious to pc plod plus the police in my town dont give two hoots about stuff like that.

your lights are quite obvious thou, are they the darkest tint? mines dont look too obvious to pc plod plus the police in my town dont give two hoots about stuff like that.

They were not lamin-x tints, they were something that I found on Ebay, funny enough did not have a problem with the local police but always had trouble on a long journey. I have now fitted light smoke lamin-x which I do like and so far have not had any problems :thumbup:

They were not lamin-x tints, they were something that I found on Ebay, funny enough did not have a problem with the local police but always had trouble on a long journey. I have now fitted light smoke lamin-x which I do like and so far have not had any problems :thumbup:

good good! Ebay is a bit hit and miss so lamin-x is the way forward :yes: , the red tints they do is actually quite pale, could say a light red haze. I reckon with a super bright 1,000 LED bulb my reverse light will look white with a hint of pinky red :D

good good! Ebay is a bit hit and miss so lamin-x is the way forward :yes: , the red tints they do is actually quite pale, could say a light red haze. I reckon with a super bright 1,000 LED bulb my reverse light will look white with a hint of pinky red :D

LOL, actually you don't need 1000 LEDs only got 12 in each reflector so 48 in total, really very bright to look at both during the day and at night but does not throw the light as well as a normal filament bulb.

karl :thumbup:

LOL, actually you don't need 1000 LEDs only got 12 in each reflector so 48 in total, really very bright to look at both during the day and at night but does not throw the light as well as a normal filament bulb.

karl :thumbup:

What I plan to do measure up and put the biggest one I can find in there, its because I dont want someone piling into the back of me thinking ive stopped. My indicator bulbs are 27 leds i think, so something around that figure would be good :thumbup: If i recall the white leds have a higher lumens output compared to coloured ones :wonder: