Knocking on the front

leighboyuk

Had the car fully polybushed, cupra console bushes, new KW V1 coilovers (arent set low, two finger arch gap because of driveway) & lately new top mounts and bearings fitted yesterday. Yet i've STILL got knocking from the front suspension-area, small clunk if I turn the wheel near to or on full lock at low speeds, and if I make a sudden movement with the car I get a sharp knocking from the front suspension. After spending alot of money on the fabia im pretty annoyed tbh, has anyone had this problem before, or simular issues? I was thinking maybe anti-roll bars, but really dont wanna spend anymore money on the cars suspension unless I know it would fix this.

I've got the same as you mate, altho I haven't changed the top mounts but infant see that fixing it. Have you considered the dog bone mount? That's something im

Beginning to think

Have you done alignment on your vehicle? How does it drive? With that clunck near steering lock Im thinking you might have something really off is angles and put more stress on springs and that could be the reason. One thing for sure. Dont spend money tring... get someone who will find noise or reproduce it while on rump.

Where are you from?

Drop links or anti roll bar mounts........does the anti roll bar have a welded metal colar on it to stop it sliding???...If not then you have the "old" style bar...If it is a plastic colar then this "old" style one has known problems..... B)

Im from Norfolk. May replace the drop links/anit roll bars (take it these are the same?), although not sure which ones to get because of the KW V1s, another set of standards or uprated/shortened ones.

Still does sound like the springs are turning even though I've just had the top bearings and mounts done. Blooming car.... :'(

Hi if it was anti roll bar bushes or link arms it would do it all the time when driving on rough ground bit like a private road with lots of pot holes etc

Assuming everything is tight after the work has been done and you have had new bushes etc id say from what yor saying e.g driving with steering on lock at low speeds and a sudden sharp pull away id say it could be a drive shaft e.g c.v joint which side is it from? these thing are quite hard to say without hearing it yourself.

Hi if it was anti roll bar bushes or link arms it would do it all the time when driving on rough ground bit like a private road with lots of pot holes etc

Assuming everything is tight after the work has been done and you have had new bushes etc id say from what yor saying e.g driving with steering on lock at low speeds and a sudden sharp pull away id say it could be a drive shaft e.g c.v joint which side is it from? these thing are quite hard to say without hearing it yourself.

I def hope not with the draftshaft, the cars only on 50k, that would be terrible, even though norfolks road are a bit rough.

Regarding the Anti-roll bars/link arms/drop links, I take it they are these?:

Link

yes mate, i paid that price for genuine ones as im in the trade mate. I dont think mileage really counts i have fitted a drive shaft before on a car with less than 5000miles on the clock at work! Like i said its hard to say with out hearing the noise it might not be the c.v joint but you never know. what side is it from?

Why waste money if there isnt anything wrong with them? Is really easy to test to see if there is a problem with them. jack it up get yourself a some form of pry bar and but the bar between the wishbone and subframe and see if there is excessive movement on the front bush and the rear bush also know as console bush. to check ball joint while car is jacked up hold wheel at 6o'clock and 12o'clock and pull the wheel in and out. Thats it if there isnt any play then thats anther thing it isnt lol! to test track rod end and tie rod do the same thing but at 9o'clock and 3o'clock.o remember axle stand.

Why waste money if there isnt anything wrong with them? Is really easy to test to see if there is a problem with them. jack it up get yourself a some form of pry bar and but the bar between the wishbone and subframe and see if there is excessive movement on the front bush and the rear bush also know as console bush. to check ball joint while car is jacked up hold wheel at 6o'clock and 12o'clock and pull the wheel in and out. Thats it if there isnt any play then thats anther thing it isnt lol! to test track rod end and tie rod do the same thing but at 9o'clock and 3o'clock.o remember axle stand.

Done that!! Lol