Front grill...carbon wrap , viynil wrap or spray satin black ?

Spraying it will be far easier than wrapping it buddy

Depends on whether you do the job 'properly' and remove the chrome before painting it, basically the 3 choices you have are:

1/ just paint the grill, quickest and easiest way - but it will chip easier with stone chips

2/ remove chrome (can take a whilst and be quite tedious from the reports of those that have done it, then paint it - takes longer but should last better than #1/ ^^^

3/ wrap it - not quick to be done neatly, but if you use a quality wrap it will be much harder wearing than paint, it can also be removed if you botch it up or do not like it.

Just paint it mate, I painted my one gloss black to match my spiders and mirrors and its been fine. I only keyed the chrome litterally a quick rub over and then just went ahead with primer and then paint. I put about 5 coats of laquer on after I had painted it and it has lasted well. I haven't had a single stone chip on it yet and still looks as good as it did when I painted it. So from my experience I wouldn't say you have to remove the chrome compleltly but others might have other oppinions.

Have a look for my build thred "my corrida red vrs" for pics mate.

Cheers

If you do want to remove the chrome,

just leave it to soak in a good thick bleach for as long as it takes for the chrome to come off. :thumbup:

trust me thick bleach works wonders at removing chrome

Mine is wraped in carbon fibre below. Im getting the roof done very shortly.

http://i1082.photobu...19SKN/002-1.jpg

Be sure to get some pics emoticon-0143-smirk.gif i wouldnt mind a carbon roof or bonnet, but im scared people mite fudge it up emoticon-0136-giggle.gif plus can never deside on what

Link removed, was bugged :( pesky avast didnt say anything to me when i went on

That site has a Trojan ----

Kaspersky

Internet Security 2011

Access denied The requested URL cannot be provided

The requested object at the URL:

http://www.carbonskin.co.uk/gallery.html

Threat detected:

object is infected by HEUR:Trojan.Script.Iframer

Message generated: 18:09:59

It is a Black Magic vinyl Rap , that also explains why you did not know that pic had a trojan (on phone, rather than pc ) :thumbup:

Total dynamics did mine, roof grille, B pillars, and then rear lights and reflectors a slightly smoked clear wrap

• Like 1

Here is mine on my modded grill.

I lightly keyed in the chrome plastic with sand paper and sprayed with satin black that has a slight plastic trim Finnish.

I did not even lacquer it, just applied lots of coats of collinite wax and have had no issues over past 6 months with paint chipping

BlackFrontGrill1.jpg

BlackFrontGrill12.jpg

VRSInteriorAug201121.jpg

VRSInteriorAug201119.jpg