The Swissol Results Thread

fen_l&k

Well, Q and I promised to show the results of our Swissol session today, and here they are.

Mark did an absolute dog's danglies job on our cars. Originally due to be just Q's and my other half's Mondeo, but as time passed my L&K got included too (I helped with the cleaning!).

If anyone has any doubts about the quality of the products or Mark's work then you really shouldn't - the following pictures tell their own story.

Mark also gives the benefit of his extensive knowledge on how to keep your car in tip-top condition.

It's difficult to say any more - just look at the pics. Or give Q or myself a shout. Either way, I won't buy any other car care products again.

BTW - those without broadband might have to wait a while for the pics to download, but I didn't want to compress them - it would spoil the effect.

First up, the other half's alloy before cleaning. Covered in brake dust and virtually impossible to clean before due to the design of the wheel (silly little nuts around the edge). You can also see the filthy paintwork surrounding it.

251.attach

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's Quinten's alloy after cleaning - no mechanical intervention, just Multiclean and a power washer. No, it's not white, just very clean silver.

(Note the weird image of the photographer with two heads)

256.attach

Here's the first of my L&K pics. Cayenne seems to be a good colour for showing the shine.

Here's my bonnet.

(lower legs and feet Copyright © 2003 - Quinten)

260.attach

Group shot of both cars.

Last photo. More are available if anyone wants to see further evidence.

Also mentioned to Mark about joining the September meet and he was open to the idea. So all waverers can see some Swissol'ed cars (I'll be there) and get the products.

Cheers,

Howard

262.attach

I hate to say I told you so about the results from that wax but

I told you so!

:D

Does look good doesn't it. Give it a couple more coats of wax and it just gets better :D

Dave,

Once Mark has done his initial magic, I would be surprised if it would take more than an hour to do. The wax is so easy to apply and buff to a shine. You can even leave it part way thru and come back to it later - the results are still the same.

The depth of the shine on Quinten's is even better 'in the metal'. You can see the metallic flakes within the paint.

Even the Mondeo, which has not really been looked after, looked like new after the treatment.

Cheers,

Howard

Well I wont say I told you so but the results speak for themselves. As Jon said the more you wax the better it gets & remember to put an extra coat of wax on the bits that get the bugs, bonnet, mirrors front of roof etc.

The next big revilation will come when you clean it, preferably first thing in the morning while the car is cool, loads of water & watch the bugs slide off.

Q , so tell me, did you buy any multiclean ????

Stuart

Yep, agree with Howard, Once the car is prepared a quick wash & polish can be done in well under 2 hours, then just leave in the sun for a final bake while you have a coffee & then a 5 minute lick over with a clean cloth finishes it off.

When I finally get round to buying a pressure washer this will be even quicker.

I tend to clean the L&K about once a week (about 1000 miles) polish the leading edges only every 2-3 weeks & then wax the whole car & dress the tyres about every 6 weeks.

Ah, finally arrived back last night at 11.30pm after I completely misjudged a junction and ended up on the road towards Northampton (oops ;)). Needless to say that the car is swamped with flies all over the usual places, so I'm looking forward to using the newly learned trick with a bit of water mist on the spots and wiping it off with a clean cloth. Tell you what, when Mark told us to taste (!) the bottle he used to demonstrate this, I thought he suffered a bit from a sunstreak (my head still feels like it is on fire :D), but it turned out to be just plain old water.

Mark spend at least 9 hours on all 3 cars, doing them all at the same time, which demonstrated quite nicely how easy and laid back car cleaning can be. No more trying to rush things cos it starts to rain or getting into an argument with the better half about you spending more time with precious than her ;). You just do a coat and walk away, have coffee, take a shower, read the paper, whatever... the wax doesn't care.

Insert 'biggest smile ever smilie' here :D

Q.

Well,

Trying the mystery wax next, should get it Wednesday so looks like a test will be carried out on the car before the Weekend, needs to be at its best for Goodwood.

The last pot of wax has lasted virtually 2 years & has been used regularly for both our cars.

I will keep the remains for wheels etc

stuart

Finally got back at 0130 this morning. Wondered what the heck Q was doing junction A1/A14..he was supposed to be following me!

Enjoyed myself and a good day out with some nice results.

Glad you guys like the results. Any help or advice you need..just email me or call me.

See the rest of the Briskoda gang in September.

:D

Mark, I followed you twice round the roundabout at Huntingdon, so I thought "thats it, he's no better than SWMBO in navigating" :D

Good to hear you arrived ok though.