Uniroyal Rainsport 2

Ive had the T1r on my Focus RS and fabia VRS for about 18,000 miles before they needed changing and that was nearly all twisty country road driving. Plus in the FRS I wasnt going slow either as that was a proper beast on the twisties.and the tyres lasted. I have now got the Toyo T1 Sport fitted and they are an awesome tyre with dual compound tread for steering and grip when cornering. Before I sold it I had the rainsports fitted to my Fabia but found the tyre wall to be softer than I like and I found it dulled the steering response slightly. Still a fantastic tyre but not to my liking.. To be honest really in the rain it doesnt matter what tyre you go for you must always reduce your speed as even with the rainsports the tyres can lose traction..

agreed about reducing speed, goes without saying but as i have experienced today it just nice to have piece of mind of good tyres. Iv got my winter tyres on atm, good year ultra grip 8 and the temp on the road was about 5 degrees, a dog ran out in front of me while doing 55mph, i slammed all on and stopped in good distance but the car behind me who was a far distance from me (guessing did not have winter tyres) as he started squirming about the road and took it alot longer to come to a stop, i know there are alot factors to how a car grips, even down the throttle position but having good rubber on the road always helps and contrary to popular belief just becuase the tyre was expensive does not mean its the best

I had Vrestein Ultrac Sessantas on my remapped MK2 Cupra (around 300bhp) which I had before the vRS (same size tyre as the vRS) and they were excellent in the wet and dry , highly recommended and very popular tyre on Seatcupra.net forums. They are what I'll be fitting when I come to replace mine.

Currently £99 from Camskill so a very good price.

These are excellent and that's a good price but from experience they wear quite quick, got through a set in 6k on my cr and that was rotating.

These are excellent and that's a good price but from experience they wear quite quick, got through a set in 6k on my cr and that was rotating.

I got around 10K from the Leon (on the fronts) and considering the power it was putting down I was more than happy with that.

Getting a full set of tyres soon, the ones i have on now are what came with the car (yellowsea :wonder: )

I heard alot of good things about Uniroyal Rainsport 2 tyres and as many people rain is where i lack the most confidence, obviously with the amount of torque these cars produce it just loses grip with the smallest flick of the throttle of any form of surface water.

Anyone else had a set of these? or anything else i should be considering?

Hi,

I have just fitted them on my 2006 Octy vRS a few days ago ~ I have 260 bhp going through the front wheels and so far I am very impressed. The traction is superb, a friend of mine has them on his BMW and was raving about them so took his advice.

Octy 476

Hi,

I have just fitted them on my 2006 Octy vRS a few days ago ~ I have 260 bhp going through the front wheels and so far I am very impressed. The traction is superb, a friend of mine has them on his BMW and was raving about them so took his advice.

Octy 476

nice, 260 bhp! i think im safe with 170 then :dull:

what you had done to it?

Have a full set of the Rainsport 2s on my RS, not had the car long and they were fitted when I bougth it, but no complaints about the tyres so far.

I had a set of the first-gen Rainsports on my Focus a few years ago and the grip was brilliant on wet roads.

I ran Toyo T1Rs on my Cooper and was very impressed with the grip and life of them, including great stability through standing water. Although we are talking about a good 3-400Kgs lighter than an Octavia, so that will make a big difference in terms of how long they will last.

Snow is forecast today so we'll have to see if my decision not to buy winter tyres was a mistake... :S