Replacing the lamp in the cig socket

Folks the lamp in my 12v socket in the centre console has stopped working (sometime before I got the car I assume) and I would like to replace. What's the best way of getting to it? If I remove the gear lever gaitor, can I pop it out from underneath or does the whole top part of the centre console need to come off?

Folks the lamp in my 12v socket in the centre console has stopped working (sometime before I got the car I assume) and I would like to replace. What's the best way of getting to it? If I remove the gear lever gaitor, can I pop it out from underneath or does the whole top part of the centre console need to come off?

First take out the fuse

Then when you take the lighter itself out you will see 2 plastic pieces, oposite sides, press with screwdriver while trying to push upword everything with finger. Don´t worry you will not break anything.

I did this to put a lighten one cause 2010 models aren´t lit.

In later models there is no cigarette lighter installed as standard, it is now a 12 volt socket for running things like satnavs and phone chargers, etc. I think maybe a cigarette lighter must be specified when the car is bought new, or installed later as an add-on.

Mac

Similar discussion we have recently on Croatian Skoda forum and I have to took photos to show how it is.

It is true, later Skoda cars does not have light in socket anymore.

Here is from my 11 years old Fabia:

fabiaupaljac1.jpg

when lighter is removed:

fabiaupaljac.jpg

And here is from 2010 Yeti - no any lights there:

yetiupaljac.jpg

Both cars are with top level equipment.

Audi/VW red doesn't really suit the Skoda's green interior illumination?

I did try with a green plastic surrounding, like the earlier models.

But after using this ORANGE coloured type it looks way cooler and it stands out.

I like it. :)

The bulb was changed to a high intensity white LED.

Edited by alberg

• 3 years later...

I know this is old thread but I am very curious about this . So rather than opening a new thread I thought I should reply in this one 

My Octvaia MY07 have the green ring outside of the cigarette lighter but it never illuminated , wondering that is it possible to do that ?