Who'll be the first to get a bronze Yeti?

Reenie

My wait has been somewhat shorter than yours but I have negotiated a free courtesy car until mine arrives.

Also, the Skoda website is as trustworthy as a Nigerian e-mail at presenting honest facts. The website currently does not show Muscovado or Bronze, but the latest brochure, which you can download from the same place, does. If you ordered in April it won't be Bronze as this colour was launched some time after that, around the time I ordered.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No word today from my leasing company...maybe tomorrow! :'(

Any news? I spoke to my dealer today who confirmed it's reached the UK port and should be with me "in a matter of days".

No word yet Weasley. My company contacted the leasing company today but I didn't get a call back before the end of the day. Still patiently waiting with 3/4 of a tank of diesel and not knowing whether to drive about all weekend to use it up or not! :S

Weasley I think you are going to win the race!!! :thumbup:

Here's a picture of a demo model for sale in Cork Ireland, looks well apart from the Alu mirror covers courtesy of the Adventure pack.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Skoda/Yeti/AMBITION/613273347102610/advert?channel=CARS

I'm quite happy with that! It's kind of half way between Muscovado and Orange, which suits me fine. At least you won't see many others on the road (for a while).

Bronze is the replacement for Tangerine. I think Mato is the musky replacement / the same colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. Yes, the 'Mato' is the colour I have seen on the Skoda.com website and does appear to be the same ............... we shall see.

Also thanks for those commenting on the possibilities of compensation for the long wait. I will chance my arm and see what Skoda UK offer when I eventually get delivery (and will report back).

I am somewhat disappointed at the colour choice because the early indications were that the Yeti would be available in a range of what I would call "Autumnal" colours including a deep purple and a forest green. Sadly they never seemed to make the palette available to UK buyers. Also, my next door neighbours recently bought an Audi TT and were able to choose ANY colour they wished (for a price stated in the Audi accessories list). I understand that that facility also exists for the Yeti in some European countries, but not the UK - WHY NOT ?

Still waiting to hear if my car has arrived or not. :'( :'(

My Yeti has been sitting at the lease company for the last 2 weeks while they and my company make a complete shambles of the paperwork :-(

I should have it tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest :-)

My Yeti has been sitting at the lease company for the last 2 weeks while they and my company make a complete shambles of the paperwork :-(

So near and yet so far. Mine sat in NVD for nearly two weeks while they organised PDI and transport. Let us know what you think when you finaly get it, I'd be particulary interested in comparing spec as the Skoda Ireland spec list appears to include some items such as auto dimming mirrors which are not on mine.

Mine is still at the UK docks awaiting transport to the dealer. Any day now...

The most frustrating part of the wait, knowing its in the country but waits for a slot on a transporter.

Just heard today mine is still sitting at the docks in Germany!!!! Not sure if I will get it in February so might be March after all. Why do the leasing company promise me delivery last week only to discover it's still across the water? I am not a happy bunny!!!! :punch::swear::swear::swear::devil::wall::@:thumbdown:

Edited by Reenie

Dealer called today. Should be with him tomorrow or Friday, meaning I should be able to collect Monday earliest. Can this really be happening... my Yeti actually nearly mine?!

Dealer called today. Should be with him tomorrow or Friday, meaning I should be able to collect Monday earliest. Can this really be happening... my Yeti actually nearly mine?!

Steady now, remember to take your tablets and don't be counting the number of sleeps left.

I can almost smell that new car interior! I'm collecting it on Monday morning and have a reg number. Just arranged insurance; Skoda's 7 day free cover is a nice touch and they also price-matched my best quote for annual, so I'm all documented up and ready to roll! Just hope it doesn't snow; it'd be ironic if I couldn't get to the dealer to pick up a snow monster!

Was disappointment at the beginning of the week by being told my Yeti as still at the port in Germany when I expected it this week and was told I might not get it now till March. Well got a phone call today to ask if I would accept it in February or would I prefer to wait till March for the new Reg. As it is a leased car and I don't care about the Reg I told them I want it NOW!!!! I am now getting it week beginning 13th Feb....that's the week after next!!! Getting excited again!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: