Question for Octavia 4x4 owners, particularly those with remaps

There will be a delay until next Friday (1st) until I can report back. The Haldex ECU change involves dropping the rear subframe (3 1/2hrs labour) followed by a 4 wheel alignment check when all put back together.

The instructions for the 'aggressive' haldex ECU which is manufactured by Haldex themselves shows the job as taking approx. 30mins. Consists of unplugging the old unit, undoing 2 bolts, manouvering it out, renew the gasket, put the new unit in place, replace the 2 bolts and finally plug the new unit in.
After consulting another dealership which had done a Haldex ECU change, my dealership used a techie with small hands to do the job without taking the back end of the car to bits. The revised estimate was that it would take around 45 minutes. I think that was about right.

So is it done now Denis? My haldex ECU part no. ends in 'B', on the version of ETOS I have the part number ends in 'C'. Any idea what yours are/were and have you noticed any difference driving with the new one?

So is it done now Denis? My haldex ECU part no. ends in 'B', on the version of ETOS I have the part number ends in 'C'. Any idea what yours are/were and have you noticed any difference driving with the new one?
Now done. Original PN was 02D 900 554B - new PN is 554D. I didn't notice any problems with the old one - probably because I don't drive the car hard. No chance yet to really push the new one.

• 7 months later...

Just thought I'd revive this old thread as I still haven't sorted the problem yet. I bought an R32 haldex ECU but it turned out to be faulty.

I'm now on the verge of buying the uprated haldex controller as I've managed to get the price down to

Now ordered for delivery Monday, just need to speak to JBS to see when they can fit it.

Eddie,

Ignorance showing, not even sure where it is on the car but if it has to go up on the ramps do you want to flog the exhaust sensor extension block ??

Car seems fine post Jabba but you can just bet it will do it again

PM your details if you can & I will send you a cheque

Eddie' date='

Ignorance showing, not even sure where it is on the car but if it has to go up on the ramps do you want to flog the exhaust sensor extension block ??

Car seems fine post Jabba but you can just bet it will do it again

PM your details if you can & I will send you a cheque[/quote']

Haldex controller is mounted on the rear drivers side of the haldex unit itself so yes it will be on the ramps. I'll get the extension block removed at the same time. I'll drop you a PM in a bit.