Armrest worth it or not?

john123

...visited a skoda dealer the other day that had a fabia in the showroom with a armrest,so i sat in the seat to get a fill of the armrest, i think its pretty ok other than i thought that just my elbow can lean on it ...is that the case or can you adjust how much it comes out???

I fitted the Skoda armrest and it's great. But then again i have a DSG car. Unless you do plenty of motorway driving in a manual car i imagine it would be pretty useless. Did a couple of hundred miles on a very windy A1 yesterday and the armrest was perfect for keeping both hands on the wheel without fatigue.

.........wel i took the plunge and ordered it today from skodaparts.com ,hope its not too hard too instal. :dull::doh:

I fitted a skoda one to my vrs last week, it's not too difficult, one thing to lookout for is the 6mm special bolt which screws into the adaptor. The adaptor is unthreaded and the bolt cuts its own threads in as you screw it in. Also be careful when clipping the two plastic end trims together if its cold outside. Warm them to room temp first that makes them a bit more pliable.

Its a worthwhile accessory but i wouldn't have paid extra for it.I have found it comfortable on the motorway just set cruise control on and relax,the only downside is operating handbrake and i find it in the way when i select reverse.I am pretty fortunate that the 1.9pd pulls happily in 5th gear at low speeds reducing need to change up and down gears when on a busy motorway so making more use of arm rest.

ok guys have now instaled my OEM armrest..took me about 10 minutes ,pretty simple and straight forward fitting.

After going for a short drive :

-gets in the way of the handbrake

- makes gear changing a bit awkard

-makes putting the seatbelt difficult

Provides :

- Added comfort in any journey;

- Extra storage

So think it is maybe worth having it especially for those long journeys. ;););)

Wish the design was a little bit better/practical and closer .

ok guys have now instaled my OEM armrest..took me about 10 minutes ,pretty simple and straight forward fitting.

After going for a short drive :

-gets in the way of the handbrake

- makes gear changing a bit awkard

-makes putting the seatbelt difficult

Provides :

- Added comfort in any journey;

- Extra storage

So think it is maybe worth having it especially for those long journeys. ;););)

Wish the design was a little bit better/practical and closer .

I think the armrest suits the DSG cars best.

Mine didn't have an OEM one, but I fitted the Armster one, it's adjustable for reach as well and is a near exact match for the leather handbrake and gear lever cover. It absolutely looks OEM as well. Very recommended emoticon-0148-yes.gif

....i think the conclusion is that its great for the long journeys. :thumbup:

I also find it very usefull to laen my arm on it while waiting in the car for the wife to do to some quick shoping........... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

...so if your not into long drives without gear changes its a waste of money just to make it clear :yes:

Edited by john123