new koeinsegg

vrsadz

Lol the Agera R would hand the bike it's arse on a plate and slap it whilst handing it over.

Let's look at the specs for the Bike that was achieved by german magazine motorad.

Top speed 299 kmh (limited)

0–100 kmh 2.9 seconds / 40 m

0–200 kmh 7.6 seconds

0–250 kmh 12.5 seconds

0–280 kmh 18.5 seconds

Let's look at the spec of the Agera R. I only really need 2 to highlight the point.

0-300 kmh 14.53 seconds

0-200 mph 17.68 seconds

So whilst the bike is getting to 280kmh the car would be way in the distance having hit 300kmh 4 secs earlier! :p

===========================================================================================================================

The figures you quote are for the old first generation ZZR 1400 (2006-2011) model the current bike produces about 10% more power and a host of other changes though still is a very reasonable £11.5K.

0-100 kph/(60 mph) is circa 2.5 seconds for the 2012 ZZR1400 ie nearly half a second quicker than the Agera R.

Stand quarter miles times are circa 9.7 seconds terminaling at 240 kph-ish but are likely to be less than 9.5 seconds and over 250 kph in warmer conditions like the BMW S1000RR does, think the Agera R is about 10 seconds standing quarter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NFGZLTwe8E

There are quite a few motorcycles in the 2.5 second to 100 kph time area. Dozens of bike with standing quarter times of less than 10 seconds and terminal in the 240-250 kph. http://www.sportrider.com/performance_numbers/146_motorcycle_performance_numbers/viewall.html

Car (any car) would only start catching the top of the range Aprillia, BMW, (cannot think of a C), Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, MV Augusta, Suzuki, Yamaha bike only when the bike is well over 150 mph and it only cost the same as the cheapest Octavia! Agera is only rear wheel drive and does not weight transfer like a motorcycle so the drive in a bike or 4 wheel drive car will be better.

lol

================================================

Technical Specifications AGERA R

Performance (figures from thier website)

Power output: 1115 hp at 6900 rpm – redline @ 7250 rpm

Torque: over 1000 Nm from 2700 to 6170 rpm

Max torque: 1200 Nm at 4100 rpm

Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 2.9 seconds

0-200 km/h 7,5 sec

================================================

Edited by lol

Its almost as quick as his 1.8tsi...... :rofl:

But remember, he only goes off figures which favour his arguement, whether it be cars, bikes or politics...

No I go off the Official figures and the motor press figures and not your warm day with the wind behind you.

Feel free to post any professionally obtained figures showing both the Octy2 Wiesel VRS and 1.8 TSI, I know the answer which Skoda and the motoring press have released but if they have both got it wrong and you can find other figures then feel free to post them!

Edited by lol

No I go off the Official figures and the motor press figures and not your warm day with the wind behind you.

Feel free to post any proessionally obtained figures showing both the Octy2 Wiesel VRS and 1.8 TSI, I know the answer which Skoda and the motoring press have released but if they have both got it wrong and you can find other figures then feel free to post them!

Wind was against me actually but never mind and those figures are professionally obtained unless you have another more professional way other than a drag strip with calibrated timing equipment? As I said, I will warrant your replies with any degree of sense and logic once you've put your money where your mouth is. Speaking of which you should have at least 30 fuel ups on fuelly now.

Wind was against me actually but never mind and those figures are professionally obtained unless you have another more professional way other than a drag strip with calibrated timing equipment? As I said, I will warrant your replies with any degree of sense and logic once you've put your money where your mouth is. Speaking of which you should have at least 30 fuel ups on fuelly now.

Just come back from West Wales. 45 mpg on the computer so about 43 mpg in reality ie about the Skoda published Combined figure of 43 mpg. Only 36 mpg going down but was trying to keep up with the TSI VRS I was travelling with. Performance fairly close but because of body roll and warn PS3s mine was washing out sooner the the VRS, thank God for ESP.

I have catagorically failed to record my fuel consumption or obtain the figures from my fuel card people I admit but happy with figures from the car's computer now I know the percentage out it is. When you only pay 50p a litre for fuel it is hard to get exited about it, it is only the range at only 450 miles that annoys me when I push it, 575 miles when gentle.

What is the fuel consumption and range of the Koeninsegg I wonder? One thinks of Clarkson's Ford GT etc. Think I would rather have a new M5 or R8 or Lambo, plus the bike and a few hundred thousand in the bank!

Edited by lol

Lol you really are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that it would take the Agera R to more than 150mph before it starts to catch the bike.

The power has been boosted in the bike from 187 to 200-210bhp depending on the airbox. Even if I'm generous and and allow the same 0.4 sec difference across all the stats the Agera R would still be way quicker having hit 300kmh 3.5 secs quicker than the bike hits 280kmh. In reality i would imagine the bike would pull ahead 10-15m to 62mph. By 100mph they would be level and by 120 the car would be ahead and pulling away quite rapidly.

Here's an example of a similarly powered car against a bike. Bear in mind the Veyron is a damn sight heavier than the Agera R with less power. I know an R1 is less powerful to so it kind of balances out the test.

I've no doubt your going to spout some ballox about it not being the same as its a diff bike and other such Claptrap. So what i will do is simplify this for you.

Bugatti Veyron (as in the video not the supersport) = 522bhp/ton

Yamaha R1 (2008 model as in the video) = 859bhp/ton

ZZR 1400 2012 Model = 746 Bhp/ton

Agera R = 767 Bhp/ton

So despite whatever other carp your going to spout the bike is 21bhp/ton down on the Agera R so will lose quite convincingly.

Lol you really are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that it would take the Agera R to more than 150mph before it starts to catch the bike.

The power has been boosted in the bike from 187 to 200-210bhp depending on the airbox. Even if I'm generous and and allow the same 0.4 sec difference across all the stats the Agera R would still be way quicker having hit 300kmh 3.5 secs quicker than the bike hits 280kmh. In reality i would imagine the bike would pull ahead 10-15m to 62mph. By 100mph they would be level and by 120 the car would be ahead and pulling away quite rapidly.

Here's an example of a similarly powered car against a bike. Bear in mind the Veyron is a damn sight heavier than the Agera R with less power. I know an R1 is less powerful to so it kind of balances out the test.

I've no doubt your going to spout some ballox about it not being the same as its a diff bike and other such Claptrap. So what i will do is simplify this for you.

Bugatti Veyron (as in the video not the supersport) = 522bhp/ton

Yamaha R1 (2008 model as in the video) = 859bhp/ton

ZZR 1400 2012 Model = 746 Bhp/ton

Agera R = 767 Bhp/ton

So despite whatever other carp your going to spout the bike is 21bhp/ton down on the Agera R so will lose quite convincingly.

:thumbup: 'Like'

seen a Pulsar GTi take a 236bhp R1 on a drag strip. ran quater mile in 9.14secs

An R1 probably has too short a wheel base to be good at standing quarters. An R6 will run 11.3 and yet my FZ6 would run 11.2s with 20% less power for instance.

A standard ZZR1400 (2012) will run 9.7s standing quarters terminalling at around 240 kph, with different sprockets (cost around £50) it will run 9.5s with a terminal of around 260 kph. Standard bike other than the different sprocket.

As far as I have seen the standard Bugatti Veyron SS will run 9.9s, the SSC Tuatara will run 9.75s with a terminal of around 230 kph. Have not seen any figure for the Agera R over a standing quarter but we do have its 0-300 kph figure which is very impressive at less than 15 seconds like the Veyron SS.

Motorcylces tend to be super quick to 250 kph and then their aerodynamics, or lack of them mean they are relatively slow going from 250-300 kph etc.

The Agera R and Tuatara, which are only two wheel drive, cannot get their full power down until the rear wing starts to provide sufficient down force, ie 300 kgs at 250 kph, to allow then to put down their full power, much like an F1 car except their wing will give them more than the vehicle weight at 200 kph plus ie enabling them to drive on the ceiling!

I gather 1G acceleration relates to about a 9 second standing quarter. A perfectly balanced bike will have 90% plus of its weight on the rear wheel during full power acceleration. Many of the 2012 model bikes have traction control, not sure if the have anti-wheely ie a sensor tells where the front forks are maximum extended and bike is about to lift front wheel.

Casey Stoner, Rossi's replacement as motorcycling's best, his bike has carried small winglets to help keep the front wheel down. Bikes will alway be slower round fast corners as you cannot get lateral G greater than 1G on a bike of course where are car can get 1.2, 1.5 2, the sky is the limit.

Edited by lol

So your telling me a bike can deploy all it's power straight away on one wheel where the surface contact is smaller than about 90% of most quickish car wheels!! :wonder:

There is a word from that and they dangle between my legs!!

As I said the bike would be quicker to 62mph by 100mph the car would have caught up and by 120mph the car would be pulling away quite rapidly.

To make this simpler for you one last time and I really hope this makes it sink in

By your times the bike (with the £50 Sprocket) will do a standing quarter of a mile in 9.5secs with a terminal speed of circa 260kph.

Now the bike (knocking off a generous 0.5sec for the 2012 model power increase) will do 0-280kph in circa 18 secs. Now either I'm missing something here or the bike has some absolutely crazy gearing system but your telling me the bike will take almost as long as it did to do a standing quarter mile to increase another 20kph (or 40 if on a standard sprocket) :wonder:

By your reckoning the bike takes 9.7 secs to hit 240ish kph. (quarter mile run standard sprocket) then takes another circa 8 secs to hit 280kph!! So 8 secs to do 40kph more.

Yet you reckon that the Agera R, which takes 7.5 to hit 200kph and then ONLY another 7 seconds to hit 300kph so 7 secs to do 100kph more will only start to catch the bike when it gets to circa 250ish kph!!

I know wind resistance and horsepower play a big part in getting to terminal speed etc. Surely you can see though with the above explanation that the car will annihilate the bike in all but initial acceleration upto circa 100mph!!

To try and make even simpler.

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport - 652bhp/ton - 9.9 Sec 1/4 Mile

Agera R - 767bhp/ton - Hmmm I wonder if it will be quicker as 115bhp/ton is quite a difference :giggle:

Or are you one of these people that is never wrong as that's the impression I'm getting :dull:

vRS Carl, I don't know why you're getting so excited about this. It's a fast car. It goes fast in a straight line. Bikes are also fast and far better value for performance. I don't really care if one is fractions of a seconds faster on a runway than the other. Just because a car is fast in a straight line doesn't mean it is fast everywhere.

I'm not getting excited about anything :wonder:

Your statement is also true of bikes. In fact all bikes as a good portion of hypercars will beat a bike on a track. Plus I hardly think a car with 1100bhp is only going to be good in a straight line. Unless of course it's a drag racer.

It just makes me laugh as bikers seem to think that no car is faster than a bike. When clearly some are!

So your telling me a bike can deploy all it's power straight away on one wheel where the surface contact is smaller than about 90% of most quickish car wheels!! :wonder:

There is a word from that and they dangle between my legs!!

As I said the bike would be quicker to 62mph by 100mph the car would have caught up and by 120mph the car would be pulling away quite rapidly.

To make this simpler for you one last time and I really hope this makes it sink in

By your times the bike (with the £50 Sprocket) will do a standing quarter of a mile in 9.5secs with a terminal speed of circa 260kph.

Now the bike (knocking off a generous 0.5sec for the 2012 model power increase) will do 0-280kph in circa 18 secs. Now either I'm missing something here or the bike has some absolutely crazy gearing system but your telling me the bike will take almost as long as it did to do a standing quarter mile to increase another 20kph (or 40 if on a standard sprocket) :wonder:

By your reckoning the bike takes 9.7 secs to hit 240ish kph. (quarter mile run standard sprocket) then takes another circa 8 secs to hit 280kph!! So 8 secs to do 40kph more.

Yet you reckon that the Agera R, which takes 7.5 to hit 200kph and then ONLY another 7 seconds to hit 300kph so 7 secs to do 100kph more will only start to catch the bike when it gets to circa 250ish kph!!

I know wind resistance and horsepower play a big part in getting to terminal speed etc. Surely you can see though with the above explanation that the car will annihilate the bike in all but initial acceleration upto circa 100mph!!

To try and make even simpler.

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport - 652bhp/ton - 9.9 Sec 1/4 Mile

Agera R - 767bhp/ton - Hmmm I wonder if it will be quicker as 115bhp/ton is quite a difference :giggle:

Or are you one of these people that is never wrong as that's the impression I'm getting :dull:

You are over-simplifying things which are not borne out in the figures.

Acceleration being Mass divided by Force is too simplistic as it is getting the power down where the Agera R is not so good until its wing adds downforce.

Just try and find a standing quarter time for the Agera R and we will have the comparison and this will end any doubt and see if it is in the mid 9s like many standard bikes.

I will be amazed if the ZZR1400 2012 takes more than 15 seconds to hit 300 kph as it hits 240 kph in less than 10 seconds and once the electronic limiter is removed it should be good for 325 kph as the old one was capable of 310 plus kph once the limiter was removed.

There will be some tests out in the next few weeks on the ZZR 1400 2012 model of this bargain and one can spend a few grand, like many of the turbo versions out there, and have a 400 kph bike that does 0-300 kph in way less than 14 seconds and has cost less than a Skoda Superb.

Four wheel drive is better than two even in the dry and massively so in the wet. Stick with VAG I reckon, Veyron, R8, Lambo and bank what you save or better to spend on a m/c.

Well they took me all of 3 Seconds to find on Google

Koenigsegg Agera R 1/4mile time is 9.3 Seconds - Terminal Speed 162mph (259.2kmh)

http://www.torquestats.com/index.php?car_id=616

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_cars_by_acceleration#By_quarter_mile_.28.7E400_m.29_time_.2812_seconds_or_less.29

I rest my case your honour :p

Well they took me all of 3 Seconds to find on Google

Koenigsegg Agera R 1/4mile time is 9.3 Seconds - Terminal Speed 162mph (259.2kmh)

http://www.torquestats.com/index.php?car_id=616

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_cars_by_acceleration#By_quarter_mile_.28.7E400_m.29_time_.2812_seconds_or_less.29

I rest my case your honour :p

If you rest you case at that you lose as this is a "Calculated" figure not a "Real" one, just use the filter they provide to filter out "Calculated" from "Real". The Wiki webpage link for the Agera R is to a broken link ie no verifable source or to this "calculated" figure, inadmissable. These are not sites to use as evidence as they are inadmisable as not real figures. I see you not a laywer or a scientist.

Lol, BSC (Hon) Sc 2-1

=================================================================================================

Quarter Mile Times

Time

filter: " Real" Drive "All* filter:

Car 1/4 Mile ET Terminal Speed

Ultima GTR720 9.9s 143mph

Koenigsegg CCR 9.9s 145mph

SSC Ultimate Aero TT 9.9s 144mph

Koenigsegg CCX 9.9s 146mph

Bugatti Veyron 10.4s 140mph

Mclaren MP4-12C 10.9s 135mph

================================================================================================

Edited by lol

If you rest you case at that you lose as this is a "Calculated" figure not a "Real" one, just use the filter they provide to filter out "Calculated" from "Real". The Wiki webpage link for the Agera R is to a broken link ie no verifable source or to this "calculated" figure, inadmissable. These are not sites to use as evidence as they are inadmisable as not real figures. I see you not a laywer or a scientist.

Lol, BSC (Hon) Sc 2-1

=================================================================================================

Quarter Mile Times

Time

filter: " Real" Drive "All* filter:

Car 1/4 Mile ET Terminal Speed

Ultima GTR720 9.9s 143mph

Koenigsegg CCR 9.9s 145mph

SSC Ultimate Aero TT 9.9s 144mph

Koenigsegg CCX 9.9s 146mph

Bugatti Veyron 10.4s 140mph

Mclaren MP4-12C 10.9s 135mph

================================================================================================

Have these figures been calculated taking into account the atmospheric conditions, the angle of the dangle.........it's so important as it's the Ultimate Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything.

Lol I knew they were calculated hence the smiley. You really should learn to appreciate sarcasm!!

What's your point with telling me you have a 2:1? :dull: My wife has both a BSC (Hons) First Class and a MSC with Distinction. Maybe you should have tried harder as she can appreciate sarcasm :p

I'm outta here now as i don't have a degree so can't continue commenting :giggle: