rear bumper protector

Does any body on here have a rear bumper protector on there estate (face lift) vrs

The thing :swear: keeps catching the bumper with is big bloody clumsy paws so i have been looking for one!

if any body uses them, are they anygood and which ones are ok.

bridinjune008.jpg

These Guys are pretty good, had one of theirs on a previous car -perfect fit and immune to scratches from my little cairn terrier -looked pretty smart too Should hold up to your dog -Great Dane? I also like to keep my little one's claws down and smooth with a Dremel tool.

These Guys are pretty good, had one of theirs on a previous car -perfect fit and immune to scratches from my little cairn terrier -looked pretty smart too Should hold up to your dog -Great Dane? I also like to keep my little one's claws down and smooth with a Dremel tool.

+1. I also have a rearguard and it is a tough piece of kit. Looks OE too, perfectly matching the other black plastic trim.

Give them a go!

Does any body on here have a rear bumper protector on there estate (face lift) vrs

The thing :swear: keeps catching the bumper with is big bloody clumsy paws so i have been looking for one!

if any body uses them, are they anygood and which ones are ok.

bridinjune008.jpg

I just got a roll of clear adhesive backed plastic (used to be called contact I think) cut it to shape and applied it. It works OK with my Black Labrador. If it gets too scratched it is easy ro replace . It has been on my Scout for over a Year and is still OK..

• 5 months later...

I got one of these for my Scout through a group buy from SuperSkoda...

IMG_12975.jpg

Another picture:

IMG_0257.jpg

Second photo Courtesy of uncle bulgaria

For anyone looking for rear bumper protection, I'd like to give this product the thumbs up. Just fitted it to my Scout and it looks to be well made and very easily fitted. It was important to me that it didn't look "after-market" and I think it achieves that OEM look really well. Not the cheapest option at €49 (plus €49 postage to NZ - ouch!) but worth it in my book.

What was the postage simon? Did you use dhl or similar?

I just double checked the invoice and it was actually €45 for the part and €44 for the postage, total €89. I had no choice on postage, the only option via the SuperSkoda website was to use a tracked courier via Czech Post and CourierPost once it reached NZ (where Customs opened it, presumably because they don't get many weird shaped parcels from the Czech Republic :giggle: .

For anyone looking for rear bumper protection, I'd like to give this product the thumbs up. Just fitted it to my Scout and it looks to be well made and very easily fitted.

Is that the chrome effect boot strip in the Skoda Accesories Catalogue? Part numbers are KDA 600 005 for the Hatchback and KDA 629 001 for the Estate.

No, this bumper protector is from Superskoda and was organised through a group buy on Briskoda...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/201387-scout-owners-rear-bumper-guard-shared-order/page__hl__scout%20bumper%20protector

The one you are referring to is a decorative chrome strip that is attached to the bottom edge of the boot lid.

The one pictured above is fixed to the actual bumper and matches the silver coloured plastic on the Scout bumpers perfectly.

This is the one you are thinking of:

ChromeBootStrip.jpg

Either one would look good on your 4x4, although the one from Superskoda serves a much more useful purpose.

The problem with Superskoda is their postal prices to the UK, hence the group buy :thumbdown:

I have a rubber tongue like the one in the pic above, from boot buddy.

Works great for loading. Not sure it'll be robust enough for your needs though.

Helluva dog, dude!