choosing a colour

TeflonTom

right folks, i'm after a bit of inspiration, hypothetically speaking if you had the opportunity to paint a felicia any colour you wanted as a completely blank canvas so to speak.. what colour would you choose?

i'm liking citroen botticeilli blue at the moment. which is also very similar to vw vapour blue

new-c3-7_w366_x_h278_f148614c-a56d-4084-a600-fc50328bdae5.jpg

suggestions please, prefer solid colours rather than metallic/pearl for cheapness.. with a pic too.. i'm at the point where i need to order the paint and i fancy a change from the skoda emerald green

No it's not my pickup, that got a repaint in Audi nimbus grey earlier this year at some considerable cost, the paint is very expensive and the quality of the prep work for a pearlescent paint needs to absolutely top notch too otherwise you can see the imperfections and ripples etc when the sun catches it..

Matte black is quite fashionable at the moment it seems, although that car pictured above is actually satin black if we are being pedantic, but in my opinion it's what you do as a last resort when the bodywork is beyond reasonable repair, these people that paint Ferrari or lambos matt black seriously need their heads testing tbh.

I did think about yellow, but it's not unique enough for my liking seeing as you can already buy a felicia fun in that colour, however I do have a great fondness for vw imola yellow

Signal green you say?? Now there's a thought... Keep the suggestions coming folks.

nah quite boring and a bit too similar to skoda Pacific blue.

Alien attack green that you get on the clio rs could look properly awful?!

or the fabia mk 2 vRS rallye green might be equally as awful.

90% of the satin colour cars are high quality wraps, rather than actually being painted.

Looks really cool on some cars, others not so much.

As for colour choices.... Can't beat Mica Blue Mazda use on the 3.

90% of the satin colour cars are high quality wraps, rather than actually being painted.

yes wrapping them in vinyl is quite popular too, I helped do a vw corado in a satin black wrap and it looks awesome on a corrado, there's a new fiat 500 round the corner from me which has been done too but it looks hideous..

The other option I have is to flat the original paint back through the clear coat, but this is a bit hit and miss and it can turn ugly pretty quick if I go through the paint

The clue as to why this colour should never grace the body of a car (let alone a Porsche!) is in it's name...

Dare I say it actually looks really good on a Mini, in fact possibly THE best colour for a Mini?

Back to the OP's question, what about Austin bracken or limeflower? My dad had a Maxi in each of those :)

Ford signal green :)

Tech1e!............. Green? ..............Never! lol! :thumbup:

right folks, i ditched the citroen colour and went with something cheaper.. bet nobody knows what it is

car009.jpg

I actually quite like this blue, looks a similar colour as used on Golf mk4?

Yes It is a vag colour, dont think I've ever seen a golf this colour though, it's called vw soft blue LR5A and its about £30 a litre, fantastic colour in my opinion and cheap too, some of the other paints I looked at were up around £70 - £80 per litre and I didint think it was worth it on a car which is worth less than my shoes. Also being a solid colour it's easy to touch in any damage.