Strange sound when driving vrs

mattrsa

Hey guys

Have owned my vrs for a few weeks now and have really loved it so far. Great fun coming from a 70bhp Hyundai. I have noticed tho that there seems to be a strange droaning like a washing machine coming from the rear I think. I have only hear it when driving around town doing less than 50 mph . Could it be a wheel bearing going? Is there a quick way I can check this?

Thanks in advance.

Find a nice wide, smooth, empty road.

Accelerate up to 60mph and then bump it into neutral. Then weave from side to side.

IME a shagged wheel bearing will get louder when the weight of the car leans on it. This should indicate what side the problem is on.

Mine done this... swap your tyres front to rear, go for another drive. If it doesnt still does it, get some new tyres.

I had Nokians on before and had a very straight angle between the sidewall and the flat of the tyre. Replaced with some Hankook 114s and no issues now :)