Gadgets for your car

Jordo

Happy new year! :thumbup:

Wow sounds like you are really going to go to town on your vRS! Looks like you have just about all of it covered!

I did just install the Torque app on my phone and buy a bluetooth OBDII adaptor but that's as much as I have! :rofl:

Didn't think the Amundsen can accept a rearview camera...

How are you wiring yours in?

I'm probably gonna have front sensors added. An amp+sub. And I'm looking at hardwiring my speed camera sensor too. Oh, and perhaps an autodim mirror!

Love me a good gadget too.

I'm probably gonna have front sensors added. An amp+sub. And I'm looking at hardwiring my speed camera sensor too. Oh, and perhaps an autodim mirror!

This is what I needed to know, The chap at the store is going to look into Amundsen sat navs and let me know next week, if not it will be around £600 for an Alpine and take out the factory fit one

Happy new year! :thumbup:

Wow sounds like you are really going to go to town on your vRS! Looks like you have just about all of it covered!

I did just install the Torque app on my phone and buy a bluetooth OBDII adaptor but that's as much as I have! :rofl:

I have looked around and apparently your the man in the know! :thumbup:

I will start a thread in the project forum and show you all pics as im going!

Jordo

I had rear parking sensors with the sat nav and it didn't have a rear view camera.

Be mindful that most of the stuff you have in the car won't be covered by your insurance.

Aftermarket stereos etc have very little cover on most Insurance policies, things like ipads won't be covered unless stolen from say a locked boot but even then your only covered up to your personal effects limit which is as little as £1-200.

Edited by adamc260

I have looked around and apparently your the man in the know! :thumbup:

I will start a thread in the project forum and show you all pics as im going!

Jordo

Ha ha I know only a few bits, a couple of other members have done some really useful stuff, stick around and have a read! You'll probably spend £5K+ in your head in no time :rofl:

Look forward to the pics :)

The place where I am going offer a slimline sub that sits(and bolts i think) behind the rear seats. It is only 3-4 inches deep I will post pictures tomorrow or even later today...

Oooh... Check this out: http://www.navinc.nl/webshop/pdf_datasheet.php?products_id=1773

Perhaps it's possible after all!

Tyresure pressure monitor. It measures the tyre pressure and temperature of each wheel to 1psi and has it's own display for each wheel. Great gadget and one I will be buying when I put my track tyres on the Polo GTI.

Race logic Performance Box - a gps based device that you can measure performance, power track times etc

It all depends how much you want to spend as I have seen cars with mounted iPads with GPS and plugged into the OBDII, so it can read boost, AFR etc live on digital gauges. Super cool gadget B)

I'm off to the Autosport Show on the 14th Jan and there will be a complete array of gadgets on show - like a giant man's sweet shop! :rofl:

Edited by Hurdy

Threshes pressure monitor. It measures the tyre pressure and temperature of each wheel to 1psi and has it's own display for each wheel. Great gadget and one I will be buying when I put my track tyres on the Polo GTI.

Race logic Performance Box - a gps based device that you can measure performance, power track times etc

It all depends how much you want to spend as I have seen cars with mounted iPads with GPS and plugged into the OBDII, so it can read boost, AFR etc live on digital gauges. Super cool gadget B)

I'm off to the Autosport Show on the 14th Jan and there will be a complete array of gadgets on show - like a giant man's sweet shop! :rofl:

Hello Hurdy!

Yes I will be going for the Ipad with all the pressure monitors etc. Where is the show do you have a link?