6CD changer query?

kibby

Have the SE variant with BOLERO (includes a 6 CD changer).

With the Elegance a 6 CD changer is a £300 option.

Is this a boot mounted item?

As the Elegance does not come with a Sat Nav as standard why is it not included in the facia as per Bolero.

Anyone un-confuse me??

The 6CD changer is for the Columbus and probably the Ambudsmem Sat Nav (can't remember how it is spelt) and possibly the Stream for the very basic Yeti.

The Bolero can accept 6 CD's inside it, whereas the Columbus has a 30GB HDD, so no space inside.

Both have an SD card slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Yeti Dreamer is wrong?...What is fitted in std Elegance (Bolero, Columbus but no in dash changer therefore £300 boot fit option???, or Admundsen configured how boot or dash .??

Still missing it! (too soon after Xmas!!!)

So Yeti Dreamer is wrong?...What is fitted in std Elegance (Bolero, Columbus but no in dash changer therefore £300 boot fit option???, or Admundsen configured how boot or dash .??

Still missing it! (too soon after Xmas!!!)

Bolero (touch screen radio / 6 disc CD player) is standard on the Elegance as well as the SE model. Columbus is a option (SE and Elegance), as is a 6 disc player in the boot if you want to play CD's with said Columbus. SE Plus has both the Amunsden and 6 disc plyer in the boot with no other option available.

Note due to Bolero shortages in 2011 some SE and Elegance left the Factory with the Amunsden, although I'm not sure if thry added the player in the boot as well.

TP

Bolero (touch screen radio / 6 disc CD player) is standard on the Elegance as well as the SE model. Columbus is a option (SE and Elegance), as is a 6 disc player in the boot if you want to play CD's with said Columbus. SE Plus has both the Amunsden and 6 disc plyer in the boot with no other option available.

Note due to Bolero shortages in 2011 some SE and Elegance left the Factory with the Amunsden, although I'm not sure if thry added the player in the boot as well.

TP

Thanks for clearing it up.

Apologies Yeti Dreamer misunderstood your input.

Edited by kibby

CD's seem a bit pointless now, all my music is on sd cards which are easier to use. Have not used the cd for about 18 months, except to try a new one on the way home.

Exactly! I've had the same six CDs in my Bolero for a YEAR now. Never use them. Archiac things going the way of the Dodo.

Be that as it may you can see the CD changer in this image on the left just behind the horizontal bar:

SkodaYeti0909Int(3).jpg

My Elegance came with an Amundsen radio/single CD/sat nav fitted in place of the Bolero radio/CD changer but there is no separate CD changer as standard - but as everyone notes, CDs are old hat now and I just load music onto an SD card or plug in my iPod. I don't see not having a CD changer as a great loss whilst the sat nav is a useful extra so I am pretty pleased that the Bolero was not available.

All my music is recorded in WAV lossless format at home - don't think the Bolero can play this format, so we stick CDs in the player.

Not used an SD card yet.

How can you download your WAV files to MP3 on a PC (Win7) for storage on an SD card ?

All my music is recorded in WAV lossless format at home - don't think the Bolero can play this format, so we stick CDs in the player.

Not used an SD card yet.

How can you download your WAV files to MP3 on a PC (Win7) for storage on an SD card ?

You would have to convert them to MP3 or MPEG format first.

Not used an SD card yet.

you can 'rip' the CD's to MP3 using the free windows media player.

see:

http://portables.about.com/od/newsandviews/ss/how-to-rip-with-WMP.htm

or do a search on google for more options

happy ripping!

you can 'rip' the CD's to MP3 using the free windows media player.

see:

http://portables.about.com/od/newsandviews/ss/how-to-rip-with-WMP.htm

or do a search on google for more options

happy ripping!

That's what I do in 'full fat' 320kbps strength then load a selection of 'albums' onto an SD card.

Like kenfowler3966 and 900000 I've only used a CD once IIRC, to play a new one before I got it home to rip it.

I always get this answer :giggle:

What I meant to say is :

i) music is ripped in WAV Lossless (I want max quality at home). Music ripped once and I don't want to do it all again.

ii) can I convert from stored WAV files to MP3 when burning ? I use WMP and MediaMonkey (although SWMBO has iTunes on her Laptop).

TIA

I think you will have to convert from WAV to MP3/MPEG and save that file onto your hard drive, and then transfer to the SD card. I don't think you will do it straight to the card.