Torque - Engine diagnostic tools

Has anyone used this at all ?

Couple of questions -

Do you plug the it into the OBD port BEFORE or AFTER the engine is started ?

Am I likely to get any engine management lights illuminated by using this ?

Cheers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone used this at all ?

Couple of questions -

Do you plug the it into the OBD port BEFORE or AFTER the engine is started ?

Am I likely to get any engine management lights illuminated by using this ?

Cheers

I use the torque app with a Bluetooth OBD thing. I plug it in with the key in, but no ignition. No warning lights have come up on all 5 cars Ive used it in from 1998 (citroen saxo vts) to 2011 (Skoda Superb V6)

Hope this helps

Any more questions please ask

Josh

I use the torque app with a Bluetooth OBD thing. I plug it in with the key in, but no ignition. No warning lights have come up on all 5 cars Ive used it in from 1998 (citroen saxo vts) to 2011 (Skoda Superb V6)

Hope this helps

Any more questions please ask

Josh

Cheers Josh,

Reason I asked, I used it today and then stopped the car to go into a shop. When I came back out, I attempted to start the car.

All the usual lights illuminated, but there was NO ignition at all. The EPC light was illuuminated. I thought I was in the mire, but it seemed that I was attempting to start the car whilst in gear (D) :no:

This was my next question. Does this happen when trying the above ? I honestly thought the OBD intervention had messed up the ECU :o

Can this software interfere with my Revo remap ?

Can this software interfere with my Revo remap ?

I think it would, as the app only reads all of the sensors for pedal position, speed ect, and fault codes. As Revo is well known, I would say It'll been fine, But you could always contact them.

I'm sure you will have seen it, but

what the app looks like and does

Josh

Edited by dobbey

From the pictures and what people say it does look good. However not owning an Android phone is there an alternative for an IPad?

Also the dongle looks quite large and given the location of the socket is there any issue with legs catching it?

Not on the Fabia VRS there isn't.

The issue with the VRS is the OBD port is hidden behind the trim panel, therefore if you intended to leave it in, it completely exposes the fuses and looks crap.

The dongle itself isn't big at all. After all, it can only be so big considering the size of the OBD port itself.

Not sure if there's an 'app' for the iPad ?

IOS devices use wifi where Android uses Bluetooth.

Shame, as I have a SGS2 and an iPad! Revs, I think, is the iPhone software though last time I checked it hadn't been properly enhanced for the tablet.

IOS devices use wifi where Android uses Bluetooth.

Shame, as I have a SGS2 and an iPad! Revs, I think, is the iPhone software though last time I checked it hadn't been properly enhanced for the tablet.

I noticed that the IOS options were wifi or cable, odd since the iPad and iPhone both have bluetooth capability, I stream music that way in the wife's car.

The Dashcommander app is for the iPhone/iTouch but can run on the iPad it is not as you say enhanced for the iPad so no additioanl ability and you only get full screen on the iPad by zooming, so resolution is not the best it can be. This is another reason I can't justify the £34.99 cost for the app.

Did a quick google and Amazon have a few options:

Amazon iPad Mounts

Cheers mate

Will have a look in abit. Suction mounts are a non starter for me. You cant use suction mounts on trackdays and thatsd when i think the torque APP will come into its own as i can monitor everything live, so it has to be secure.

I noticed that the IOS options were wifi or cable, odd since the iPad and iPhone both have bluetooth capability, I stream music that way in the wife's car.

The Dashcommander app is for the iPhone/iTouch but can run on the iPad it is not as you say enhanced for the iPad so no additioanl ability and you only get full screen on the iPad by zooming, so resolution is not the best it can be. This is another reason I can't justify the £34.99 cost for the app.

Apparently it's because Apple locked it down for audio-streaming and basic file-transfer only. Sounds plausible.

i suppose you coyld mount a tablet inside the upper glove box. when you open the lid the tablet pc folds out. but its a bit out of the field of view.

another idea is modifiying a cup holder which slots into the two infront of the gear stick but again not exactly easy to see.

sun visor?!? aha.