Exhaust question

Thanks,

Won't a de-cat be MOT fail this year?

No. Visual check for a cat applies only to vehicles which need a full cat emissions test due to failing the basic emissions test. Since diesels are only smoke tested, and the full cat test is listed as a procedure only for spark ignition (i.e. petrol) engines then you can't require one so the visual check for a cat shouldn't be applied.

I would like to know the answer to this too because i had a mufflerectomy and then just replaced the cat and the other silencer for another pipe so its pretty much a straight through but it still doesnt make this noise. However mine is only the pd100, will this make a difference?

i have a mufflerectomy but no noise :'(

As for decat and MOT..... well I was speaking to a friend of a friend of a friend whos dads great, great, great nan whos my mechanic says...... No it wont fail.

I've just got a mufflerectomy, taking the revs to 3000 rpm and then changing produces the "owl noise" with mine, its not overly loud from the inside but a few of my friends have said they heard it when following me in their own cars.

I had mufflerectomy/decat in OEM bore and no noise. I had milltek bore mufflerectomy and oem size de-cat no noise.

fitted the 2.5" or whatever milltek is de-cat downpipe and WO0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o every time I let off

I say must me 2.5" but Trev had a milltek sports cat and his done it too...

My mates is identical and wo0o0o0oo's about 10% a loud as mine.

Happy W0o0o0OO0O0oo0'ing lads.

Ross

I have the shortest exhaust possible (pretty much) and never get any fluttering. Could be that my turbo is very efficient at releasing the boost through the VNT mechanism. This is what causes the pigeon/flutter noise - Its the VNT mechanism releasing built up boost and the exhaust amplifies this. 2260vk turbo must deal with the boost better / in some other way.