What to look for when buying a vRS 2l Petrol?

Exactly boys, I know there are some great ones out there, and probably like myself, after keeping it in great condition, they'll want the most for it when it comes to changing it. Keeping my eye out in the private sales area now!

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update!

Picked up my 07 vRS from a fellow forum member today!!! Went private in the end and I'm much happier than I would have been getting one from a garage!

Most impressed with it so far, filled up with tesco Momentum on the way home and reset the trip to see what I will get from a tank roughly. The trip across Norfolk and into lincolnshire was a long one but got 37mpg which is decent for a 240 bhp car! And got my toe down to overtake 4 cars and a truck loaded with sugar beet! Pulled like a B****rd! Very similar to my old Audi 3.2 V6. Nice and Torquey (is that a word?).

So first thingtomorrow will whip the wheels off and get them spanking with some bilberry wheel cleaner, Iron-X then clay. Brake calipers tarted up and the exhaust autosol'd! Cannot wait to get the rotary polisher on it. May post a cheeky picture or 2 after I've had a play!

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I feel I've got a good one!

Neil

240 bhp! I presume already mapped?

Agree that buying privately off another enthusiast is often the best way - have done the same a few times myself.

Enjoy your new car!!

Edit: Just seen your sig - Bluefin'd! Have fun!

Just a quick update!

Picked up my 07 vRS from a fellow forum member today!!! Went private in the end and I'm much happier than I would have been getting one from a garage!

Most impressed with it so far, filled up with tesco Momentum on the way home and reset the trip to see what I will get from a tank roughly. The trip across Norfolk and into lincolnshire was a long one but got 37mpg which is decent for a 240 bhp car! And got my toe down to overtake 4 cars and a truck loaded with sugar beet! Pulled like a B****rd! Very similar to my old Audi 3.2 V6. Nice and Torquey (is that a word?).

So first thingtomorrow will whip the wheels off and get them spanking with some bilberry wheel cleaner, Iron-X then clay. Brake calipers tarted up and the exhaust autosol'd! Cannot wait to get the rotary polisher on it. May post a cheeky picture or 2 after I've had a play!

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I feel I've got a good one!

Neil

Hi Neil

Good to see that you are enjoying the car! I mostly ran it on Tesco Momentum and it loves the stuff

I'll have to change my signature now!

Mike

No its a place in Devon :giggle:

Thanks gents,

It's a lovely drive Mike, enjoy your upgrade to the superb. Look forward to seeing a few pictures when you get it, gave the alloys a good clean today, there are a couple of pictures in the car care section with a link to a write up, they came up well although you cannot see the light scratches from cleaning on silver alloys but you can on the darker ones like those!