WOOP just got me a rs estste!

Deposit left, go pick it up on wednesday after they valet it inside and out, and fill it up with petrol! actually quite excited. my bora is mint underneath and poly bushed up so i was suprised on how tight it felt. no knocks,rattles horible noises. Cam in as part ex at a local car sales place. Typical 1.8t starter groan after it fires, few nocks around it but nothing to serious.

1 question, what bulbs are in them fellas? want to know if my hids will go straight in.

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0065-1.jpg

IMAG0064-1.jpg

interior is mint, 120k, full skud service history, not bad for the £1500 i gave for it.

All comments welcomed :thumbup: (be gental)

HIDs don't work well at all in the Octy headlights I am afraid, very bad for glare.

You have a proper dog guard in there too :thumbup:

120k, just time for a second cambelt change, unless it has already been done. Worth getting the waterpump changed at the same time as they have a habit of failing.

Looks pretty tidy, I notice a few little kinks in both the front and rear bumpers, but otherwise nice. I am surprised that at 120k the drivers seat hasn't warn away, maybe it was a long of long trips rather than around town (so all for the good).

yeh theres a few dings around it but im in the motor trade so aint to fussed about that. I got it cheap because the cam belt needs doing, il will be doing it thursday 1st thing at work. I too was shocked at the bolster being so tidy. The clutch feels more than strong enough so maybe it has been a motorway trawler. (tho theres no stone chips up front. I dont like to run hids in reflectors because of the glare, so on the basis your say the octys are worse for it ill leave it for now. Hids work so much better in Projectors anyway.

just gonna get my DD head unit in and stuff.. it will stay standerd ish for now. thos everything off this...

278298_162658247138543_100001831058979_375878_6295805_o1.jpg

will be comming off and going onto the Octy! :)

Edited by [email protected]

Nice dice ;-)

Just get some bright bulbs from powerbulbs.com (or the like) and fit those, stock bulbs are a bit on the pants side.

You are meant to replace some engine bolts when changing the cambelt, as an engine mount has to be removed as well. Sure if you are in the trade you know this anyway :thumbup:

Nice dice ;-)

Just get some bright bulbs from powerbulbs.com (or the like) and fit those, stock bulbs are a bit on the pants side.

You are meant to replace some engine bolts when changing the cambelt, as an engine mount has to be removed as well. Sure if you are in the trade you know this anyway :thumbup:

Thanks for the link.. ill have a butchers. Ill get in a belt kit mate, they will send me whats needed inc my water pump. Just ordered a 007 recirc, some silicone vac pipe, and will have that TB off as its more than likely skank! my 5th 1.8t.. tho i am an octy Virgin! :)

I did wonder why it only has 16`s on it. the White 18"s will be on it once the wife lets me buy some coilovers for it so not to worried. (they of the bora for winter so no rush to get em on the octy)

any leaks or anything thing i should look for other than the normal pollen filter and relay lid other side of scuttle???

The estate only had 16" wheels because its structurally not as strong as the hatchback and with bigger wheels the chassis tends to flex a lot. The hatchback has braces in the back to strengthen it, these are not present on the estate for obvious reasons. If fitting larger wheels expect the handling to suffer due to chassis flexing and twisting.

16s are standard on the vRS estate, while the hatch got 17s.

Door membranes are common to leak if the panels have been off the doors for after market speaker installs

ahh ok they havent just been taken off for 16s then. i got these babies going in the back with a HCCA 12.2 compo sub. i ran out of room in the Bora! lol

IMAG0009.jpg

so mite just fit a brace under it all. is there 1 that can be bought or is it a custom jobbie? Nice one for the heads up.

Edited by [email protected]

I have loads im taking off the bora. The Rs will prob end up with camber, the white wheels going on it (mite not keep em white depends how they look on silver) Slammed, hybrid turbo and add ons etc etc.. I told the missis im not going to mod this 1, just as i have my last 3 cars. so anything could happen to it yet mate.

Its getting some noise in it tho which is why i went for an estate. :thumbup:

That bora looks wicked :)

+1 :thumbup:

Love the style of that.

I was going to get a 1.8t Bora then decided the octy VRS as boot space more usable for me.

As the octy is the same floor pan most bits from that Bora will go on it, even the carpet.

Thanks for the compliments people. Shame the bora no longer looks like that as today i started putting it to "nearly" standard. Was quite gut wrenching to start off with and i didnt really know where to start!

Tho.. The Rs got a present or too!

323048_253619841375716_100001831058979_634747_415911324_o.jpg

cant wait to pick it up wednesday

Thanks for the compliments people. Shame the bora no longer looks like that as today i started putting it to "nearly" standard. Was quite gut wrenching to start off with and i didnt really know where to start!

Tho.. The Rs got a present or too!

323048_253619841375716_100001831058979_634747_415911324_o.jpg

cant wait to pick it up wednesday

Love the Bora, Love the Octy Estate.....Which one will win..........theres only one way to find out..... Fight!! :giggle:

I've not long had my Octy estate, just replaced the Turbo, front brakes etc ready for its MOT next week, then sh'e on the road.

Mines got 18" Alloys handles a treat, but has got upper and lower front strut brace.

It would be good if you could put up a thread on how and what you do to replace your cambelt etc.

Enjoy.. :thumbup: