Front suspension Alloy bottom arms

so if i am understanding this correctly even with the LCR hub i will need to get the flanges pressed out or is there no need given that the LCR and VRS are both FWD vehicles?

thanks for all the info so far. i do not know how it is possible to know so much about these cars and carry it all around in your head

No you do not need to get flanges pressed out if you have LCR hubs or even Audi TT 180 BHP(single back exhaust models) 2WD Hubs. They are different vehicles but they are not 4x4 vehicles which are predominatley diiferent flanges

So in a nutshell LCR are the best ones to get if unsure.

Yes head does get full of stuff. remembering the index and where I store it struggles sometimes these days.I am sure it is shrinking too :giggle:

The LCR has different driveshafts to the vRS, it comes with the O2M 6 speed box which has stronger splined driveshafts (different lengths too)

True but this does not effect using the LCR flanges with VRS dive shaft as they bolt in the same :thumbup:

No you do not need to get flanges pressed out if you have LCR hubs or even Audi TT 180 BHP(single back exhaust models) 2WD Hubs. They are different vehicles but they are not 4x4 vehicles which are predominatley diiferent flanges

So in a nutshell LCR are the best ones to get if unsure.

Yes head does get full of stuff. remembering the index and where I store it struggles sometimes these days.I am sure it is shrinking too :giggle:

True but this does not effect using the LCR flanges with VRS dive shaft as they bolt in the same :thumbup:

right lets try to find some LCR stuff.

thanks for all the info. no doubt i will be back soon enough asking about bushes etc.

i take it (might be a daft question) once the parts are all fitted it is a trip to kwik fit or similar and ask them to track / set up the car as an LCR. is this correct?

afternoon gents,

just had the vrs in for a service & general poke around the front end (got that peskey knocking business going on). result is the wishbone bushes are on their way out, as are the FARB drop links.

mechanic reckoned for the effort involved in replacing the wishbone bushes it was probably better just to replace the wishbones themselves.... which lead me to this thread.

after a read through i took a trip down the local scrappy where they just happened to have a complete tt (225 quattro) front subframe going cheap. so i was wondering will the 225 quattro one fit a fwd vrs and, if so, is it literally a case of whipping the standard one off, complete, and bolting the 225 quattro one on, complete? or am i missing some details?

Pretty much yes all you need! most of the 4WD or Quattro have the wrong hub flanges, and you will need to swap the hub flange for the ones on your 2WD VRS or buy new ones and bearings.

Best way to tell is if the hub takes a 30mm nut = 2WD or a bolt = 4WD

If your lucky you might have found a APX engine code Quattro TT and the Hubs will fit fine, like the ones i just found.

Bit of an extreme bush change!! but if its better handaling you are after then go for it.

if its just the bushes and links you want to change then yes just get new wishbones and links might as well do the ARB bushes too, as none of this is that expensive.

keep in mind that with the setup from the scrapy you could end up fitting all new bushes: rack, arb, wishbones, crush nuts links etc etc. but awsome upgrade! Also with the pre 2000 roadster check if its got the decon wishbones, Very rare!! there basicialy smaller fronts less than 45mm the standard post 2000 size. Also roadsters have extra bracing too emoticon-0148-yes.gif. (Learnt a lot from bowers1)

Edited by dell7121

Typo meant to say defcon bushes! (The wishbones that came before the TT recal in 99 2000. rare as hell! you could also just change the standard setup for superpro or powerflex. fairly cheep and also good

Edited by dell7121

that's some good knowledge you get there, nice one dellboy!

essentially yes, i was just looking at new wishbones & droplinks to sort the problem..... BUT having read through this thread and a couple of others, it struck me that if i'm replacing the wishbones i may as well replace them with the tt ones and it snowballed a bit from there!

so if i were to get a standard tt set up rather than the quattro one it would be a like for like replacement? or would the hub issue still remain? and is the hub thing much of a problem?

appreciate the help mate, learning a lot of this stuff on the fly really!

Yeap all the 2WD stuff should fit fine emoticon-0148-yes.gifhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_tt (correct engine codes here)

There is also the S3, LCR (Leon cupra R) and R32 Golf

like i said factor in the cost of all the possible new bits you might need : Ball joints, tie-rod arms, Bearings, Bushes, abs sensors, Power stearing fluid.etc etc

I was really surprised how easy the ball joints and tie rod arms came off my newish hubs! no cutting or swearing!!

Should all be fine to fit most the VAG stuff is pretty generic that's why its so interchangeable.

The wrong hub is not the end of the world as you can just pull the 4WD hub. and have your flange and shinny new bearing pressed in.

Billy really started a craze with this setup, it was the part about "how the car should have been" that had me doing it

This mod been around a good few years buddy ;-)

yup been and done...ages before!

btw, theree is no issue running normal vrs hubs with this setup, it can and has been done!!!

The balljoint to hub pin's are the same shape and dimension, that's the only similarity

Is this ALWAYS the case? The TT balljoints I've compared with my standard vRS joints for example have had considerably larger diameter tapered pins, but to be fair I've not tried to actually fit either in the opposing uprights..

Is this ALWAYS the case? The TT balljoints I've compared with my standard vRS joints for example have had considerably larger diameter tapered pins, but to be fair I've not tried to actually fit either in the opposing uprights..

Its only the 4x4 Octavia's which have the same balljoint pin as the TT/S3/R32.

I believe this is the same for 'non-performance' Bora/Golf 4Motion's (e.g. 2.8 V6's, 1.9TDI, etc)

Its only the 4x4 Octavia's which have the same balljoint pin as the TT/S3/R32.

I believe this is the same for 'non-performance' Bora/Golf 4Motion's (e.g. 2.8 V6's, 1.9TDI, etc)

ah i see! I've been missing the point about 4x4 hubs specifically ;) thank you

Edited by richm

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, but it is still a lot better than what it was in stock.

It is already illegal, so 5cm is enough for me.

Do you think that with that TT mod difference is over 5cm?

Top priority was to get good camber angles.

Car looks better now, that what I was looking for :)

What do you mean its Illegal mate?

I agree tho the arms are on the limit in stock form so any lowering at all puts them in a negative situation and in effect narrows the track of the car. Think that right lol.

Nice enginuity tho mate.

Dont think the TT stuff would give that much but its close I think.