Fitting DRL on mk2 2008 model / remap scotland ?

Anyone recommend a tuner / remap source for a skoda octavia vrs 2.0 2008 petrol model within the edinburgh / fife - scotland area ?? if I go ahead with the purchase off this car would be looking to get it remapped asap.

also always liked the DRL off the latest model off octavia vrs, anyone here sucusfully fitted aftermarket DRL`s to the early mk2 models, appreciatte ebay is awash with these aftermarket DRL but looking for something that wont shout out aftermarket, such a thing ??

Perfect cheers for that, starperformance they in Glenrothes yep ??

Just checked there website £499 for the remap off a petrol 2.0 octavia- seems a bit steep compared to some other mappers out there is it not ??

Edited by jono400

Perfect cheers for that, starperformance they in Glenrothes yep ??

Just checked there website £499 for the remap off a petrol 2.0 octavia- seems a bit steep compared to some other mappers out there is it not ??

They used to be near Glenrtothes but they moved to Dysart, Kirkcaldy a few years ago. Star are excellent - give Jim a call and have a chat with him about it.

star are genrally done on a rolling road so your getting what you pay for, you dont want to cheap out on a remap.

if you are willing to travel to kilmarnock, G.I motorsport are dealers of JABBA maps, you can get a "generic" map which wont be actually generic or a stage 2 custom to suit your current mods.

star are genrally done on a rolling road so your getting what you pay for, you dont want to cheap out on a remap.

if you are willing to travel to kilmarnock, G.I motorsport are dealers of JABBA maps, you can get a "generic" map which wont be actually generic or a stage 2 custom to suit your current mods.

Just because they use rolling road doesn't mean the map will be any better.

Do they custom remap? Also it's a flawed assumption that a custom remap will always be better than a generic map.

At the end of the day you pay your money and take your chances.

But atleast if its on a rolling road you can check its fueling and boosting correctly, then adjust to suit.

Yes, not on a rolling road tho. They go a run in the car on the road (you drive obviously) with a laptop plugged in, take the reading send it to jabba and then go another drive and adjust till perfect. G.I is the only garage i trust 100%

dont take chases on remaps lol