The price of batteries now.

Looked up a battery on Halfords website for my 1.9Tdi and it was £126.99 :(

It was a 096 Bosch Silver with a 5 year guarantee.When i worked in motor factors they were only £70.Does it seem expensive? although i do want a higher spec battery and this one is.

Edited by Stormchaser

Your thread should perhaps have been headed "The price of batteries in Halfords now" :smirk:

You can get them far cheaper elsewhere. Its also worth considering that Bosch and Varta batteries are exactly the same battery (just with different labels stuck on), with the same guarantee, and the Varta version often retails for a lower price eg

http://www.tayna.co.uk/Type-096-Varta-Silver-Dynamic-Car-Battery-P3197.html

Looked up a battery on Halfords website for my 1.9Tdi and it was £126.99 :(

It was a 096 Bosch Silver with a 5 year guarantee.When i worked in motor factors they were only £70.Does it seem expensive? although i do want a higher spec battery and this one is.

've used this place in the past for (quad) bike batteries - very efficient service: http://batterymegastore.co.uk

They do car stuff too

HTH

The price of batteries has gone up,i got one for my niece's renault clio & even with it been on my account(Inc my discount) i paid £50 inc the dreaded vat.However £126 is just stupid,id never buy car parts from somewhere like halfords,you can sometimes get a good deal with their trade card but you are still better off using a local motor factor.

That is well over the top.

I bought a good battery (cant remember make) with a three year warranty, in Germany back end of the year, for my daughters Octavia 1.9tdi and paid 70 euros

(£59 charged to my Saga Visa)

Eurocarparts BRISK25 is the discount code.

Just what I was going to say, I picked up a Bosch S4 (four year warranty) from them for around £60 with the Briskoda discount - delivery is either free or £4 next day. Seemed a good price for a decent battery.

John

Eurocarparts as above, or Pagey got a good deal with a decent eBay seller. And that including them sorting out a problem after he'd bought it, so good Customer Service as well.

There's a thread in this section about it, try a search. Was maybe October-time?

Price of lead has gone up and the euro has gone down. Halfords are always expensive.

Like others have said - Shop around. I had a Bosch silver supplied and fitted by a Bosch Service Centre indy to our Scooby last year for £ 68. They matched the mail order price and fitted it so I didn't get my hands dirty or have to re-program the radio.

Won't be long before the scroats are forcing open bonnets to nick batteries for scrap lead value :S

or find someone with a Halfords Trade Card where the savings on batteries are not insignificant, (about a third off). As soon as I get my next set of vouchers I'll be getting an 063.