Electrically folding side mirrors

Hello,

For a current model octy is it possible to retrofit electrically folding door mirrors? Manually folding mirrors are currently fitted.

If it is possible what parts are needed?

Regards,

GT

If you find out please can you PM me, would like to do this to fabia monte

yes you can, you'd need the complete folding mirror assemblies and new door control units, and the switch.

i'll be tackling this on mine over the summer (new car doesnt arrive until march 1st)

I was under the impression you also need the wiring loom behind the dash - it's one of 2 missing things I don't like about my new VRS, the other being memory seats as my missus is a foot shorter and it's really annoying having to adjust the seat all the time...

Edited by Jim1556

For folding mirrors you just need 2x mirrors with folding motors, doors ECU(from 2009 with automaticaly dimming mirrs you dont need it) switch and some coding, that´s all. No new wiring to dash

For memory mirrors you need all from top and mainly driver memory seat

For folding mirrors you just need 2x mirrors with folding motors, doors ECU(from 2009 with automaticaly dimming mirrs you dont need it) switch and some coding, that´s all. No new wiring to dash

For memory mirrors you need all from top and mainly driver memory seat

Hi there does anyone know what this would all come to.

Interested on doing this depending on cost....

central convenience generation is same since MY2007 till now so there is no problem with retrofiting. By MY2004-2006 you need change generation of cntr conv it´s more difficult but still possible.

I was under the impression you also need the wiring loom behind the dash - it's one of 2 missing things I don't like about my new VRS, the other being memory seats as my missus is a foot shorter and it's really annoying having to adjust the seat all the time...

Easy fix - don't let her drive it.

If you realy have MY2007 it is no problem just change door units, switch and mirrors that is all.

sure some coding

Yeah, that's what I'm now wondering?? I have a 2008 L&K so do I really only need to source a few parts??! If so, what do I need to get my hands on out my local scrappy?

You need folding mirrors (+ all what you maybe have there now - dimming, doorlight, memory) 2x door unit with folding function, 1x switch and some coding.

Is possible to buy some basic folding mirrors and use your memory, dimming and etc, its like puzzle.

vid from my friend where i retrofited it

Edited by rolbar

For a 2012 Octavia would someone have the part numbers

• Left Door Mirror
  • Right Door Mirror
  • Door Switch
  • Door ECU (is it reqiured on a 2012 Octy)

Also are the mirrors supplied in each individual colour or must they be painted?

Regards,

GT

You need folding mirrors (+ all what you maybe have there now - dimming, doorlight, memory) 2x door unit with folding function, 1x switch and some coding.

Is possible to buy some basic folding mirrors and use your memory, dimming and etc, its like puzzle.

I can see from the vid that is a pre-fl car it's fitted on, so at least it IS definitely possible. Am I correct in saying that I could get everything I need off a donor FL car if I wanted to keep it OEM looking?

So.

On my L&K, i'd need the two mirrors and the switch, but what are the door units that is referred to here? Is it some sort of module that sits somewhere or what or are you calling solely the glass bits the mirrors and by door units, you are talking about the mirror housing? If so, what's so special about folding mirrors over normal mirrors is it's just glass?

And it's literally plug and play (with a little bit of coding)? Will I retain all my current features, ie. puddle light, mirror drop for reversing, etc.

The door unit is the door control unit (ECU) its in the door, behind the door card (not in the mirror assembly) and is about the same size a pack of 20 cigs.

You need new mirror housings as your existing ones dont have the motor to fold them in.

You need new mirror housings as your existing ones dont have the motor to fold them in.

Am I right in thinking it's potentially possible to get pre-fl mirrors with motors in so it retains the same look yet will all work, including the folding bit? I'm guessing second hand ones of those would have to come from the continent.

Just wondering if it's mix & match, ie. units and switch from any era but mirrors from a pre-fl OR fl car, whichever suits one best?

interesting but i dont think that pre FL OII had folding mrrs that must be some rebuild. Folding motor isn´t possible to get inside preFL mirrors the is no place..

Apparently, they DID make folding mirrors on the pre-fl octavia, but it was never an option in the UK & Ireland.

Similarly, they also made a double folding sun visor and manual security key-lock for the gearbox which I desperately wanted but could not get Skoda UK to order for love nor money. :'(