vRS centre arm rest

taff170

Armster make one for the VRS (Fabia) and it is superb !

Even the stitching and colour is a near exact match for the handbrake and DSG cover emoticon-0103-cool.gif

The 4 small securing screws are between the seats and you really have to look hard to see them. When you install it, the seats have to be pushed all the way forward, so when they're in the normal position, you'd never know it's aftermarket.

If I had one gripe, I'd say that it flexes a little. Not much, but that's not the fault of the armrest, just the slightly flimsy console it attaches to. Blame Skoda emoticon-0143-smirk.gif

My link

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just to add, I got an Armster rest for my Fabia I VRS and it's spot on. Must agree that it does flex a bit, but you learn not to rest your body weight on it, well worth a look, think theyre about £120 and 5 mins to fit......

Just to add, I got an Armster rest for my Fabia I VRS and it's spot on. Must agree that it does flex a bit, but you learn not to rest your body weight on it, well worth a look, think theyre about £120 and 5 mins to fit......

£89.50 in the Amazon link CCC. Same price on eBay as well.

Don't forget (I initially did) the padded top can be 'slid' forward as well on a ratchet mechanism. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Don't like the idea of punching wholes in my center console. :sweat: I stilll prefer the original even if its twice the price.

LOL ! They're 4 tiny holes that you can't see anyway :giggle: . I'd say the Armster is better quality as well than the OEM rest.

I'd sooner have the factory fitted one, but for guys who either couldn't decide, or didn't have the choice (like me) plus retro fitting the Skoda rest means stripping half the interior out including the seats ! You just know that something's going to rattle & squeak after that job. :@

• Like 2

LOL ! They're 4 tiny holes that you can't see anyway :giggle: . I'd say the Armster is better quality as well than the OEM rest.

I'd sooner have the factory fitted one, but for guys who either couldn't decide, or didn't have the choice (like me) plus retro fitting the Skoda rest means stripping half the interior out including the seats ! You just know that something's going to rattle & squeak after that job. :@

Just to set the record straight and because I retrofitted mine by myself following the manual it is a very easy job and not even once you will need to mess around with seats or anything else. You simply remove a screw right below the back cup holder and then remove the small compartment in front of it. The whole back then can be lifted enough for the armrest base to slide in and then bolt it down with four large bolts, very strong and very secure. By the way, no rattles.

• Like 1

Just to set the record straight and because I retrofitted mine by myself following the manual it is a very easy job and not even once you will need to mess around with seats or anything else. You simply remove a screw right below the back cup holder and then remove the small compartment in front of it. The whole back then can be lifted enough for the armrest base to slide in and then bolt it down with four large bolts, very strong and very secure. By the way, no rattles.

Got a copy of the installation manual for the OEM armrest before I bought it and it looks simple and straightforward fitting.

Hope to get mine in next week.

yeah good luck, mines done its job perfectly anyway - especially on my trip through Europe - 3K miles in 50 hours.

Am sure both armrests are fairly easy to fit and essentially do the same job!

I've just given the Fabia to me wife and now got an Octavia VRS estate - luckily for me it's already got an armrest, whew!!