Yeti Greenline 1.6.SE

Peter Towns

Hope I'm in the right place Folks.

I've ordered a Greenline and been told that I'm not getting a spare wheel as it there is no space for it. Seems a bit weird.

I guess it it will go in I've just got to buy the kit. Can anyone point me where I might buy the kit please. Reading posts regarding other model Yeti's I guess its not straight forward fitting process and comes with new floor, gulp. Regards Pete

Hope I'm in the right place Folks.

I've ordered a Greenline and been told that I'm not getting a spare wheel as it there is no space for it. Seems a bit weird.

I guess it it will go in I've just got to buy the kit. Can anyone point me where I might buy the kit please. Reading posts regarding other model Yeti's I guess its not straight forward fitting process and comes with new floor, gulp. Regards Pete

Welcome Pete

Greenline's are not fitted with a spare wheel because of emissions (weight saving). Nothing else. You can fit them no problem. You have to order the parts from your dealer. Do a search on here you you will find all there necessary info. It had been covered many, many, many times before.

Thank you very much. Thinking about the salesman did mention emissons due to weight savings. I guess its a hot topic.

Regards Pete

Some dealers will let you order the spare wheel at the option price, even though it's not officially on the Greenline list.

Provided you do it at the point of order.

Basically, they fit it to the car once it's arrived at the dealership.

But lets be honest, some dealers are more clued up than others. And some are more helpful.

Yes, thank you. I'm going to ring my dealer tomorrow re the the kit. I'm sure they will be helpful especially as I can at least sound like I know what I'm talking about now. The Plumber- Wow, a lot of effort gone into the production of your links content, thanks. Looks expensive though, but hey a small fraction of total cost. Rockhopper- thats a penguin with interesting hair cut isn't it, got a photo somewhere.

I think all Yeti's come with no spare wheel, unless a chosen option. I bought a new alloy from Allams and tyre from local firm, I'm happier having a full size spare, even if it compomises a fair bit of space.

Thanks Anzio. I spoke to dealer earlier, came up with outrageous prices for spare wheel kit. So I've got a plan. I'll buy a 16" space saver- from someplace I hope. and the jack & brace from Ebay, I hope. Then I'll do the same as one of the Posts here and make a new floor. I guess thats about it, what could be easier- gulp.

Regards Pete